Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Ruger LC9s Pro

(Adams County)

Default Ruger LC9s Pro

Good evening Folks: Anyone out there like or not like the new ruger lc9s pro? No safety or mag disconnect. Only safety is the trigger blade. Does anyone know if this handgun has double strike capability?, don't hear anyone talk about it on review videos. Thinking about replacing my PX4 sub compact .40 cal. with one. Never owned a handgun with the mag disconnect, I guess you have to have a unloaded mag to insert so you can rack out the live round in the chamber? No wonder people hate that feature. Let's see what opinions are out there. Thanks, Cuprunner.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Ruger LC9s Pro

From, a previous post of mine on 3 April 2015:

Personally, I carry a Commander size 1911, Ruger SR9c or now a Ruger LC9s Pro, all in IWB holsters. They all conceal without concern (I am 5'11"/ 180lbs. and not a large guy). I have customized the triggers on the 1911's and SR9c. The LC9s Pro has a great trigger right out-of-the-box! The 1911's and SR9c have safety levers/switches (small albeit present). The LC9s Pro is clean and smooth-sided without a lever/switch. I have Crimson Trace laser grips on the 1911 as well as night sights, night sights on the SR9c and factory sights on the LC9s Pro. The Ruger LC9s Pro has become my favorite EDC handgun because of size, weight, absence of safety lever/switch, ergonomics, comfort and exceptional accuracy.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cuprunner View Post
    Good evening Folks: Anyone out there like or not like the new ruger lc9s pro? No safety or mag disconnect. Only safety is the trigger blade. Does anyone know if this handgun has double strike capability?, don't hear anyone talk about it on review videos. Thinking about replacing my PX4 sub compact .40 cal. with one. Never owned a handgun with the mag disconnect, I guess you have to have a unloaded mag to insert so you can rack out the live round in the chamber? No wonder people hate that feature. Let's see what opinions are out there. Thanks, Cuprunner.
    Lc9s pro is a great firearm if you're looking for a single stack, striker fired 9. And frankly - this platform is a good one.

Seeing as it has a striker fired mechanism, there is no 2nd strike capability. Only double action capable pistols will have that. With good factory ammo I would say this is a small consideration and the lc9s is plenty reliable.

You can always rack out a round, even with the mag disconnect. This just disables the trigger without a mag in.

(Montgomery County)

I have an LC9sPro. I carry it every day. As already pointed out it has no second strike capability. I have put about 500 rounds through it and have not had a misfire of any type of registration issue. It's a great gun if you like small, and at 5'10' and 170 lbs, I like small because I carry IWB.

Great trigger, but be advised that the holster you use is important. With only the trigger safety, you want a holster that fully shields the safety. You also want a "combat cut" to allow a full grip on the handle while holstered.

I use a Raw Dog Tactical holster that has the combat cut, adjustable cant and adjustable retention. When preparing to draw the trigger finger just fall into proper placement. The gun is a winner, and the holster is too.

Here's a couple of recent posts to check out that have some information on the lc9s pro.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/27...-lc9s-pro.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/28...c-9-s-pro.html

(Adams County)

Thanks for the info. Folks. Looks like it may work very well for me. Final decision of course will be when I actually handle one. I think I may keep my Beretta PX4 sub compact for another home defense gun. My #1 go to handgun is the S&W 4506 . 45 acp. Years ago when I bought that one it was the FBI duty gun and if it passed all their tests it was good enough for me also. Thanks for all the info., now to find one in stock so I can handle it. Cuprunner.