Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Cruz: 2nd Amendment ‘Not Subject to Public Opinion Polls’. Must watch

Must watch video. Cruz never waivers and is unflappable, and has no peer at thinking on his feet. Teleprompter not needed.
    No wonder Heller went the way it did

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/cruz-2nd-a...-opinion-polls

When it comes to Constitutional rights, what matters is what the Bill of Rights says. It doesn’t matter what might be popular at the moment,” said presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas.) in response to a reporter’s loaded question at the NRA’s annual meeting Friday about how he could go against public opinion on gun control.

“We’ve seen regimes across the face of the earth, come and take away people’s guns, strip away their rights to defend themselves,” Cruz continued. “And sometimes it’s been very popular. And yet, it is an inevitable prelude to tyranny.”

“Our country was founded on a radical proposition – which is that our rights don’t come from government, they come from God,” said Cruz. “Thomas Jefferson said the Constitution serves as chains to bind the mischief of government. And the entire reason for the 2nd Amendment is not for hunting, its not for target shooting, those are both wonderful, its great to go with your family, with your kids… but that’s not what the 2nd Amendment is for.”

“The 2nd Amendment is there so that you and I can protect our homes, and our families, and our children, and our lives. And its also there as a fundamental check on government tyranny,” he said.

The 2nd Amendment “ultimately is not subject to public opinion polls. It’s subject to the express protections of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution,” concluded Cruz.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; April 16th, 2015 at 04:50 PM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Chester County)

Default Re: Cruz: 2nd Amendment ‘Not Subject to Public Opinion Polls’. Must watch

I'm liking this guy more and more every day.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Cruz: 2nd Amendment ‘Not Subject to Public Opinion Polls’. Must watch

Who was this reporter? Has a news organization other than Guns.com published this video?

Looks like a staged primary campaign ad to me. I have to say, though, he got every single word right. That's not very common.
    Last edited by ungawa; April 16th, 2015 at 05:00 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Cruz spoke well on the topic especially at the end when he spoke to why 2A exits, that is, not to protect hunters or target shooters, but to protect citizens from tyranny and other harm.

(Tioga County)

What he said at the end is what I have been waiting to hear from a politician for a long time. I get tired of the old bandied about BS that the 2nd Amendment is for hunters and hunting.

(Delaware County)

Not only did he say what needed to be said, he said it eloquently. Ted Cruz says what he feels and doesn't back down from it. That's character.

(Bucks County)

Yeah, that's nice and all but he doesn't have a chance. We have to back the only one that the Democrats tell us can beat Hillary.

Plus like John McCain said, he's a whackobird.

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

Plus like John McCain said, he's a whackobird.
    Consider the source
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

Cruz is a true conservative, one of the good guys. He needs to be supported now and all the way through his campaign.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ianb1116 View Post
    I'm liking this guy more and more every day.
    I like him over Rand Paul as he's been floundering on several issues. Ten Cruz is a straight shooter and is an amazing debater. His biggest obstacle is the GOP
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast