Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default MS: Governor Signs 90% Constitutional Carry on April 10th (SB 2394)

http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2015/04...itutional.html

How do we classify Mississippi now? In Mississippi, you do not need a license to carry a handgun openly. Under very liberal restrictions, you will not need a license to carry a handgun concealed. The new law goes into effect on 1 July, 2015, in two and a half months. From the NRA-ILA:
    Late Thursday, Governor Phil Bryant (R) signed Senate Bill 2394, a bill prioritized for passage by Lt. Governor Tate Reeves and sponsored by Sen. Terry Burton (R), and Senate Bill 2619, sponsored by Sen. Haskins Montgomery (D), into law. These two measures make critical pro-Second Amendment reforms, including a clarification that a state-issued permit is not necessary to transport a loaded or unloaded pistol or revolver in a purse, handbag, satchel, other similar bag or briefcase or fully enclosed case.
    I call this 90% constitutional carry because that is the effect. Want to carry a concealed handgun, and do not want to pay a tax to do it? Simple. Put your pistol in a purse or a camera case, a full flap holster, a tablet or cell phone type holster as shown in the Sneaky Pete holster above, put it in a backpack, fanny pack, gym bag, courier case, or just about anything else that "fully encloses" it, and you would be legal under the new law. I think a decent lawyer could make a good "case" that a full flap pocket would qualify.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: MS: Governor Signs 90% Constitutional Carry on April 10th (SB 2394)

Another step in the right direction. Good job MS.
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

(Montgomery County)

The only thing I don't like is this may encourage off body carry - which ain't the best. Should have just went full constitutional carry.

Wink Re: MS: Governor Signs 90% Constitutional Carry on April 10th (SB 2394)

My favorite is my Uncle Mike's fanny pack holster..holds a snubbie .38 and 3-4 Speed-loaders, or my baby G26 and plenty of spare mags..enuf hopefully to get me to my car trunk...just sayin. Even has room for the car keys so they won't tear a hole in my pants pockets.

(Washington County)

This law is just stupid. All it is going to do is create more work for lawyers. Either make it legal without a permit to conceal carry or make one need a permit. This law means a judge gets to decide if a container qualifies as completely enclosed.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    This law is just stupid. All it is going to do is create more work for lawyers. Either make it legal without a permit to conceal carry or make one need a permit. This law means a judge gets to decide if a container qualifies as completely enclosed.
    Considering that most politicians are lawyers, there's a bit of delicate dance in making a law that the populace & special interest groups will accept, but just vague enough to allow for some lawyers to get rich off of "clarifying" the corner cases.

ha ha only serious