Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default New to PA - Looking for some friendly folks up near New Holland

Hello,

I moved here back in September, followed by my wife and children in October, and coming from New Mexico it is a huge culture shock to us because we are used to getting some friends together on BLM/Forestry service land and setting up our own range to do some target shooting. We used to go out shooting at least twice a month, but since the move my wife and kids as well as myself have not been able to shoot for over six months. Before moving here (job brought me here) I didn't realize that there was the system of membership at clubs to go shoot at, I guess I expected public land of some sort to be available. I admit that I am spoiled because I had access to the BLM/Forest land (30 min drive max to be in National Forest, BLM was maybe 5-10 min), and could go do any type of outdoor activity and not have to pay anything to anyone, except paying my taxes to support such lands. I know I wont find BLM/Public land near me, I would love to go camping here although I don't want to drive two hours to the nearest national forest, or pay $30 a night for a primitive tent camp site. I have noticed that other than the clubs, there is not much other opportunity to go target shooting, unless you have a large amount of land, or know someone who does, and not being from the area (I was active duty Air Force, now a reservist) I don't know anyone from the area. If I came across in a bad/negative way I am really not trying to at all, I'm pretty ignorant to the PA way of life, as I have never lived here before, and I know it is nothing like where I am from (North Carolina) or where I have lived in the past. What I would really like is to meet some people here, and make some friends for myself and my wife. We live near New Holland and I know a few people from my work, but none of them really share my interest of the outdoors.

Smile Re: New to PA - Looking for some friendly folks up near New Holland

Welcome to Lancaster County. I am sorry, can't really help you with your questions but can say Lancaster County is the best! I'm certain you will find the things you are looking for in due time. Enjoy!!

Default Re: New to PA - Looking for some friendly folks up near New Holland

Welcome to the Area. I myself just moved up in October of last year and my wife just followed 4 weeks ago. I belong to the New Holland range and I am always looking for a shooting partner (don't mind kids and wives either). If you want to meet up one day send me a PM.

Scott

(Bucks County)

Default Re: New to PA - Looking for some friendly folks up near New Holland

Stop posting and get a lawyer, Zoomie!! Just kidding! Welcome. Try the Amish people, I hear they enjoy shooting and blowing stuff up and just generally getting wild on the weekends! I'm kidding!

Not sure about the area, I'm sure there are some great people out that way. I've met a bunch of them and they have chili !!