Hello,

I moved here back in September, followed by my wife and children in October, and coming from New Mexico it is a huge culture shock to us because we are used to getting some friends together on BLM/Forestry service land and setting up our own range to do some target shooting. We used to go out shooting at least twice a month, but since the move my wife and kids as well as myself have not been able to shoot for over six months. Before moving here (job brought me here) I didn't realize that there was the system of membership at clubs to go shoot at, I guess I expected public land of some sort to be available. I admit that I am spoiled because I had access to the BLM/Forest land (30 min drive max to be in National Forest, BLM was maybe 5-10 min), and could go do any type of outdoor activity and not have to pay anything to anyone, except paying my taxes to support such lands. I know I wont find BLM/Public land near me, I would love to go camping here although I don't want to drive two hours to the nearest national forest, or pay $30 a night for a primitive tent camp site. I have noticed that other than the clubs, there is not much other opportunity to go target shooting, unless you have a large amount of land, or know someone who does, and not being from the area (I was active duty Air Force, now a reservist) I don't know anyone from the area. If I came across in a bad/negative way I am really not trying to at all, I'm pretty ignorant to the PA way of life, as I have never lived here before, and I know it is nothing like where I am from (North Carolina) or where I have lived in the past. What I would really like is to meet some people here, and make some friends for myself and my wife. We live near New Holland and I know a few people from my work, but none of them really share my interest of the outdoors.