Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Splitrock gun show any good?

You aint kidding man! I just got the new's that my idiot run union is looking gear up to go on strike tomorrow by 12 noon. I guess they haven't taken a long hard look at the economy around them in the last 8 years. Instead of buying I will find myself selling guns which I wont be happy about.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    You aint kidding man! I just got the new's that my idiot run union is looking gear up to go on strike tomorrow by 12 noon. I guess they haven't taken a long hard look at the economy around them in the last 8 years. Instead of buying I will find myself selling guns which I wont be happy about.
    My prayers are with you and your collection...

As far as Split Rock, its one of the better shows in the area. I didn't make it this time around, but when I do decide to go the most worthwhile time is at around 3pm on the Sunday when everyone is beginning to pack their shit up. Last year I scored 2k of Wolf Gold for $275 each cash in hand by convincing the guy it would be two less cases hed have to load up and haul away.
    neckbeard extrordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDonJohnson View Post
    My prayers are with you and your collection...

As far as Split Rock, its one of the better shows in the area. I didn't make it this time around, but when I do decide to go the most worthwhile time is at around 3pm on the Sunday when everyone is beginning to pack their shit up. Last year I scored 2k of Wolf Gold for $275 each cash in hand by convincing the guy it would be two less cases hed have to load up and haul away.
    I appreciate the kind words as well as the advise on the show.

(Monroe County)

Split Rock is probably my favorite show because it's fairly big and close to home. I have learned from experience that it is much less crowded on Sundays. Easier to park and not slithering through people every step of the way. I avoided the toll once by getting there early, the attendant told me the first 300 cars were free. Don't know if that's always the case.

Yes, it does get to be "different show, same stuff" after a few of them but you actually get to know some of the vendors, they do remember you and what the heck, a bad day at the gun show is better than a good day at work. I go just because I like them and I like the environment. And everytime I go I end up with some dang thing I just had to have.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12