Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Does watching Lou Dobbs make you angry?

I swear, I can barely stomach the Lou Dobbs (and to a lesser extent, Glen Beck and John Stewart) show anymore. Every time I watch it I start to seethe with anger.

*border patrol agents in prison for doing their job,
    *Mexican military invading the U.S.,
    *known murderers in Mexico that they refuse to allow extradition on while simultaneously being handed over folks like Duane "Dog" Chapman who go after our own citizens in Mexico (who pay the police and government for protection),
    *the broken 2-party system that refuses to do ANYTHING to change immigration, border security, social security, energy policy, etc.
    *an executive branch that continues to avoid taking responsibility for mistakes, continues to cover up bad decisions, promotes the welfare of the few while taking from the many, gets caught time and time again red-handed breaking the law and yet CONTINUES to get away with it.
    *a President who REFUSED to allow the email containing the resolutions drafted by the EPA, who wave been ruled as THE AUTHORITY by the Federal Court to do so.

Am I losing my fucking mind? Is the Country? This is real torch and pitchfork type of stuff. Ben, John, George, and Tom would have never allowed this garbage to go on. And I guess I better watch what I say, because I'll wind up on some "list" somewhere.

If our government was a person, it'd be locked up in a looney bin with the diagnosis of bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety disorder, delusional disorder, kleptomania, and intermittent explosive disorder (just switch out (property for "Rights").

i can't keep watching... I'm gonna get to upset, and get put on a "list". Dammit.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Does watching Lou Dobbs make you angry?

not so much the man, but what is covered during the show.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Montgomery County)

Yes, i watch Glen and Lou too. I do find that if i watch too many days in a row that i need to step back and take a break. I start to get too pissed off at how f'd up things are. I get Glen's daily e-mails and i can't read them every day---again, too pissed off.

(Mercer County)

I know who Lou Dobbs is and read one his books. As far as watching him that won't happen as long he is on CNN. Even if I did watch him he wouldn't make me angry.

What makes me angry are the members of our congress, senate, court system, state government, city government, etc...

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Centre County)

Hey everyone,

First post and yes, Lou Dobbs does make me angry. I started to read his book
    http://www.amazon.com/War-Middle-Cla...tag=dogpile-20

and I think I got about 118 pages into it and had to stop.

Great site here, I'll stick around and do some reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Lou Dobbs drives me nuts. He's so xenophobic that I wonder why people even watch him. And he acts as if being an independent is such a big deal. Dude, I've been an independent since I was seventeen. If I could figure out that both parties are full of crap when I was that young, why does he make it sound like he's some Messiah delivering a sacred message to everyone? I mean, thank you, Captain Obvious.
    Xenophobic? Opposition to illegal immigration is not predicated on xenophobia. Throwing out "xenophobia" is the same tactic and has the same purpose as throwing out "racist" or "hater" or "basher"; it's an attempt to shut down debate and discussion rather than presenting a case or sound point of view and being unable to respond to those of the other side.
    Last edited by ThomasJ; July 17th, 2008 at 10:02 AM.

(Monroe County)

welcome to the site...

as for Lou and the rest... I'm not a real big fan of watching CNN, I read it on occasion but then check Fox or BBC to get the story that may only be slightly tainted with bullshit as opposed to completely tainted.

Our gov't is only interested in one thing. Securing enough votes to get paid for another 4 years and collect as much money as possible during the time they remain in power. The "WASP" (White Anglo Saxon Protestant) that used to be a driving force in this country is now basically a phantom class, the real driving force in this country now is the lower class immigrant class, they are the ones who will go march in the streets, who will vote at every election, who will riot if they don't get what they want... so the gov't gives them anything they want.

As bad as it is the only time this is going to change is when a terrorist attack is launched from Mexico across the border and a massive loss of life occurs. Without this happening we just are never going to change.

What is absolutely amazing is at the last estimate there were between 7 MILLION and 20 MILLION illegal immigrants in the United States... that means approx 15% of our population (300Mil) are illegally here.

thats pretty amazing
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    I swear, I can barely stomach the Lou Dobbs (and to a lesser extent, Glen Beck and John Stewart) show anymore. Every time I watch it I start to seethe with anger.

*border patrol agents in prison for doing their job,
    *Mexican military invading the U.S.,
    *known murderers in Mexico that they refuse to allow extradition on while simultaneously being handed over folks like Duane "Dog" Chapman who go after our own citizens in Mexico (who pay the police and government for protection),
    *the broken 2-party system that refuses to do ANYTHING to change immigration, border security, social security, energy policy, etc.
    *an executive branch that continues to avoid taking responsibility for mistakes, continues to cover up bad decisions, promotes the welfare of the few while taking from the many, gets caught time and time again red-handed breaking the law and yet CONTINUES to get away with it.
    *a President who REFUSED to allow the email containing the resolutions drafted by the EPA, who wave been ruled as THE AUTHORITY by the Federal Court to do so.

Am I losing my fucking mind? Is the Country? This is real torch and pitchfork type of stuff. Ben, John, George, and Tom would have never allowed this garbage to go on. And I guess I better watch what I say, because I'll wind up on some "list" somewhere.

If our government was a person, it'd be locked up in a looney bin with the diagnosis of bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia, anxiety disorder, delusional disorder, kleptomania, and intermittent explosive disorder (just switch out (property for "Rights").

i can't keep watching... I'm gonna get to upset, and get put on a "list". Dammit.
    Hey it is what it is. He says what everyone thinks and feels. The U.S gov't and bush administration has sold out to Mexico and China. I have a friend who lives on the border and he too pretty much agrees with Dobbs reports about the mess on the border. As far as the border agents...Dobbs is correct there too. Those agents were sold out by uncle Sam to please mexican authorities. Yes this country is very broken and getting worse. But hey its ok we won't insult the mexican gov't.
    American by birth, Patriot by choice!

(Westmoreland County)

No, he doesn't anger me. He seems to be about the only person on TV (especially on CNN) who is passionate about pointing out the problem and solutions. What angers me as stated before, is our do nothing government.
    I'm still waitng for Pelosi and Reid to do anything, let alone Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    What is absolutely amazing is at the last estimate there were between 7 MILLION and 20 MILLION illegal immigrants in the United States... that means approx 15% of our population (300Mil) are illegally here.
    Noooo. Check your math. 20 million on 300 million is 6.67 percent. The point still stands, but the math was too bad to be ignored.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast