Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LC 9 S Pro?

(Crawford County)

Default LC 9 S Pro?

Anyone have one or have any experience with one? I'm thinking of adding one for a summer pocket gun...something a little thinner than my j-frame. Being a lefty, a pocket pistol with safety set up for a right handed doesn't work...hence the interest in the pro model. I also have 9mm already, so I'm not really interested in investing in a .380. Any opinions?
    Male RN

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: LC 9 S Pro?

Yes, I have one. I also have an Lc9 that I upgraded from. I keep the Lc9 in the house and carry the Lc9 Pro. I really like the gun, and I am aware of the need to be careful because of the trigger only safety. I have had no misfires due to the striker. I have read that some people have but not to an extent that caused concern.

Again I stress the need to be careful because of the Pro trigger. One mistake like holstering it without care could have you shooting yourself. I bought a new holster for it (Raw Dog Tactical IWB) that is made to specifically hold the Lc9 series. It has excellent safety design. The trigger is completely covered when holstered but the grip is presented for an easy draw. The cant can be adjusted and so can the retention, which is what I like best. I do not want the gun coming out of the holster if I have to run, climb, dive, or jump.

Being right handed I have no problem with the magazine release. I do have a left handed friend who tried my Lc9 in the past. He found that he could release the magazine by pressing the release with his middle finger. To do that he had to retract his finger from the trigger, but he said that he had no problem with that since he could not be firing while changing mags anyway. He bought one.
    Last edited by Cyclops; April 5th, 2015 at 02:20 PM.

The LC9 and S versions were discussed recently here.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/27...-purchase.html

I agree with what cyclops stated above about the pro better make sure you have a very good pocket holster for this pistol with that light trigger.

(Centre County)

Thumbs up Re: LC 9 S Pro?

I have a LC9 PRO. 100% awesome. Zero problems and easy to carry. Would recommend to anyone....

The grip wraps are a must have, IMO. Makes it much easier to control such a thin pistol.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Lancaster County)

My girlfriend was looking at the LC9s Pro. After looking at several different of the LC9 models she decided that the trigger on the S Pro was not a good idea if she was keeping the gun in a purse. Personally I was a little hesitant to suggest she get the S Pro also because of the trigger. You had better have a good holster and be careful drawing. I felt the trigger pull was too short to have to use in an emergency. Too much chance of an accident. I would even take a cocked and locked over that S Pro.

A good holster that completely covers the trigger is always a must no matter what the of action the pistol is or the way it's going to be carried.

(Montgomery County)

In my experience, the LC9s Pro has been awesome. Very shootable for its size, great trigger (I liked it better than the Shield's).

(Crawford County)

A good holster is something that is standard for all of my firearms. It just makes sense.

Thanks for the reply's btw.

I have seen the lc9s compared to a shield from a size perspective. My brother has a shield and I can't imagine carrying that in a pocket of normal proportions. Is the lc9s more of a pocket gun than the shield, or am I lookihg in the wrong direction here?
    Male RN

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by hacimsaalk View Post
    A good holster is something that is standard for all of my firearms. It just makes sense.

I have seen the lc9s compared to a shield from a size perspective. My brother has a shield and I can't imagine carrying that in a pocket of normal proportions. Is the lc9s more of a pocket gun than the shield, or am I lookihg in the wrong direction here?
    It's a bit large for pocket carry. Its shape also doesn't lend itself too well to that method opposed to say, a hammerless LCR or J-frame that is more rounded.

Depends how big your pockets are too. A jacket? Sure. Your tightest pair of hipster jeans - definitely not

Quote Originally Posted by hacimsaalk View Post

Over all both the Shield and the LC9 are comparable in weight and size. I would not consider either of them to be a pocket pistol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast