Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Leupold Mark 8 CQBSS?

Quote Originally Posted by shrewd View Post
    Once you start to get to 6x and certainly 8x....do you really need 1x?

How about a nice 2-7 or 3-9? They can be found for much cheaper.
    Put a set of offset irons, or even a canted red dot and you're in business.

If you've got the scratch and don't care, which it seems you might, screw kt, take a look at the kahless or vcog

Maybe take a look at the cheap vortex or psa 1-6 scopes as a proof of concept, and if you like them upgrade to a quality one and sell the old one for about what you spent on it
    Guy next to me in our 7.62 class was using a Mk6 3-18 with an Aimpoint on top. Once he was able to figure out where to put the red dot in relation to the height over bore, he was crushing targets 5 - 25M and putting them in a really tight area even while at a slow run. At distance, he was able to score consistent hits out to 1000.

He was using this set up:

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scop...4mm-m5c2-dagr/

It's pretty expensive with either the TREMOR or H59 Horus reticle. It was balls out amazing, but it is a bit heavy.

(Philadelphia County)

Once you're putting an optic on a battle rifle, man, everything is heavy.

I think a quality 1-4x is good enough. To punch tiny groups in paper, maybe not, but to engage game (and man) sized targets out to 5/600 yards, it's enough.

There's always the trade off. A 1-6 would be nicer, but I don't really NEED it, and it's heavy and expensive as balls.

Or he'll, a red dot and a pair of binoculars for target ID?
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

(Berks County)

Have you taken a look at an Elcan SpecterDR? Works well as a 1x "both eyes open" red dot, and instantly magnifies to 4x with a quick lever throw.

It has a BDC recticle. Turn a knob one way you have a red dot , turn it the other way it illuminates the or BDC reticle. The glass and field of view is exceptional. It's made by Raytheon.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVain View Post
    Guy next to me in our 7.62 class was using a Mk6 3-18 with an Aimpoint on top. Once he was able to figure out where to put the red dot in relation to the height over bore, he was crushing targets 5 - 25M and putting them in a really tight area even while at a slow run. At distance, he was able to score consistent hits out to 1000.

He was using this set up:

http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scop...4mm-m5c2-dagr/

It's pretty expensive with either the TREMOR or H59 Horus reticle. It was balls out amazing, but it is a bit heavy.

I'm not even sure what to say about that setup except if someone wanted to buy it for me I wouldn't say no.

for your intended use I thing that set up would be excessive in price and not practical for what you are using the scope for.. for 300 yards an acog would hit steel plates just fine for 1/3 of the cost of the high end leupolds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12