Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 boxes?

Default 2 boxes?

Was at Wal-Mart in Hermitage today to buy some ammo and the clerk told me that Pennsylvania law only lets them sell 2 boxes of shells per caliber per customer. This hasn't happened to me before and sounds like B.S. has this happened to anyone else?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: 2 boxes?

It is obviously BS, but somebody else posted something similar recently. Either you ran into the same person or some Walmarts are putting out an ammo limit policy that is confusing a few employees.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

I don't think there is a written policy. Stores in eastern Pennsylvania used to have a 6 box limit, then it appeared to change to a 6 box limit for 22lr only. Then they told me a 6 box limit last week when I was buying Perfecta ammo they put on a clearance price. Fortunately I made two trips and got more!
    ...and they have a plan...

(Lancaster County)

It's a store imposed two box limit.

It was designed to keep one or two fellows from buying up all the 22 rimfire ammo and selling it outside the store for 5 times the cost. Walmart's 22 ammo maybe went up $1 a box of 50. $3.99 last time I bought some. Local gun shops are selling the same when they get it for $7.99. Guys at flea markets wanted $15.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    I don't think there is a written policy. Stores in eastern Pennsylvania used to have a 6 box limit, then it appeared to change to a 6 box limit for 22lr only. Then they told me a 6 box limit last week when I was buying Perfecta ammo they put on a clearance price. Fortunately I made two trips and got more!
    Just came back with 10 boxes of perfecta, purchased in one transaction with no prob.
    Je suis déplorable

(Allegheny County)

THREE box limit has been the norm for a while at many stores with most dropping it entirely with the exception of 22LR.

That TWO box limit is not based on law and likely not based in reality at all.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

It's BS. My local Walmart has box limit. I've come to learn the times of shift changes in this department. Other Walmarts I've visited in my travels have no limit at all. I saw one with a limit on .22 LR only.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by hotmillrat View Post
    Was at Wal-Mart in Hermitage today to buy some ammo and the clerk told me that Pennsylvania law only lets them sell 2 boxes of shells per caliber per customer. This hasn't happened to me before and sounds like B.S. has this happened to anyone else?

No limit on any caliber. But Walmart in NW Pa. has been limiting to 3 boxes of 22lr, whether that box is a brick, 50, 100, or 1000 round box. You should have asked for a manager. Pure BS

Quote Originally Posted by hotmillrat View Post
    similar thing happened to me a few months back around fall time, (there was still the 2 boxes of .22lr policy posted) i told the guy working there that was not the policy and someone i knew purchased more than 2 boxes of ammo 7.62x39 the day before,
    he looked at me and told me that they cannot do that, and something to the effect that if you purchase more than 100 rounds of ammo at a time then something to do with law enforcement (i dont remember it was a while ago) i looked right at him and pointed to the ammo box of 5.56 and asked how do you sell that then? he go pissy told me he wouldnt sell me anything, so i went up to management which i never do, told them that they need to retrain their employees, was then told i could buy it and management apologized

never listen to walmart employees for laws especially firearms 99% of them (made up internet statistic) have no weapons or law backgrounds they just ended up in that department

My girlfriend bought ten boxes of SQI 5.56 last week called and told me and I picked up another 8 on the way home. For anyone that doesn't know, SQI 5.56 62 grain is Turkish ss109 made to NATO specs and sells for 33 cents a round as apposed to 70 or more for xm855 if you can find it.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast