Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Exclamation Prohibited homeowner charged after shooting home invaders

Homeowner who shot and wounded two home invaders arrested on weapons charges. Homeowner is described as a convicted felon but no further details on nature of conviction.

Raises an interesting "better to be judged by twelve than carried by six" question. Ultimately, one has an inalienable right to protect himself, therefore, should the state have the power and authority to prohibit anyone? Facts are scarce, but the article does state the home had been "targeted" which may have weighed on the homeowner's decision to be armed despite being prohibited. On the other hand, the greater good is thought to be served by prohibiting felons, especially violent felons from possessing firearms, as current legal theory suggests given the law.

So, is it law be damned, you're going to continue to be prepared to defend yourself regardless of the legal consequences?

Source: FNC
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/03/15...tcmp=obnetwork

A North Carolina man was arrested Saturday and charged with weapons possession after he shot and wounded two intruders who broke into his home and announced a robbery, North Carolina police said.

Harold Williams, 42, was being held on a weapons possession charge following the shooting of two would-be robbers who entered Williams' Fayetteville home. Cops say Williams is a convicted felon who should not have been in possession of a gun.

WTVD-TV reported that Roy Lee Hawk, 27, and Martize Douglas, 23, forced their way into Williams’ home Friday night and demanded money and property.

The two men told Williams they were armed, but so was Williams. He pulled out a weapon and opened fire.

Cops found a wounded Hawk in the house. He was listed in critical condition after being treated by doctors at a local hospital.

Douglas had fled the house, and was arrested when he showed up at the hospital two hours later.

Both were charged with robbery, breaking and entering and felonious conspiracy, WRAL.com reported. The two men were on probation at the time of their arrests.

Williams’ home had been targeted by the two men, WRAL reported, citing investigators.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Prohibited homeowner charged after shooting home invaders

Libtard antis will just say he should have urinated and if that didn't work just die.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; March 19th, 2015 at 05:35 PM.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

I've said it before, when thugs target an occupied home, it's either because the homeowner is a soft target (unarmed women or old folks), or because they have reason to believe that there's a lot of cash or drugs inside.

I have to wonder what the homeowner's felony conviction was for.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

He'll probably do more time than the robbers. I would like to know what his prohibiting offense was...

Bob D

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I've said it before, when thugs target an occupied home, it's either because the homeowner is a soft target (unarmed women or old folks), or because they have reason to believe that there's a lot of cash or drugs inside.

Looks like homeowner's conviction was drug-related, but no mention of drugs found in the home incident to the incident.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...ted-with-them/

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

According to investigators, the home invasion and robbery was not a random act. All three involved have criminal histories, including Williams' long list of offenses that include drug charges and Hawk's convictions for robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy to commit robbery in connection with the 2008 murder of a Fort Bragg soldier outside a nightclub.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Dauphin County)

Just 3 felons getting a little of what they deserve.

(Beaver County)

Misleading title. I suggest:

"Asshole felon shoots other asshole felons with gun none of the should have had. Not enough of them died."

Also, who writes these articles? I thought he had a wounded red-tail hawk he found on the road or some shit. Then I was like "they took a hawk to the hospital?" Journalism F-

"Cops found a wounded Hawk in the house. He was listed in critical condition after being treated by doctors at a local hospital."
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Misleading title. I suggest:

"Asshole felon shoots other asshole felons with gun none of the should have had. Not enough of them died."

Also, who writes these articles? I thought he had a wounded red-tail hawk he found on the road or some shit. Then I was like "they took a hawk to the hospital?" Journalism F-

"Cops found a wounded Hawk in the house. He was listed in critical condition after being treated by doctors at a local hospital."
    The question still remains as to one's the absolute right of self protection (particularly in the home) or not. Let's change the scenario slightly to where the homeowner is an upstanding, law-abiding citizen but was 302'd as a teenager for a suicidal gesture and was fighting to get his record expunged at the time the home invasion and shooting occurred.

(Lancaster County)

Wait he didn't wrestle the gun from one of the assailants and shoot them?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast