Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Holster

(Blair County)

Default Holster

I thought there was somewhere on this site to post about holsters, but I can not find it. Sorry I am am posting here incorrectly.

I ordered a Ruger New Vaquero last Friday. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

This evening I ordered a US Galco 1880 western style holster, along with a US Galco 1880 belt.

Guess I put the cart in front of the horse, but does anyone have one of these holsters? If so, what is your opinion of it?

I have a few US Galco holsters for other pistols, and they are very high quality.

The 1880 is promoted as being very affordable & inexpensive and I am just wondering about the quality.

Thanks!
    ~ Luke... Come to the dark side... We have cookies! ~

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Holster

I agree that galco holsters are very high quality. I own a concealable OWB holster for my M&P 45 and i just ordered a VHS for my 686 6". I can't see how anything they make could be anything less then high quality.

(York County)

Default Re: Holster

I've had three or four Galco holsters and still have two (OWB for a Glock and a pocket holster for a snubby .38).
    The quality is fine for all of them. The ones I no longer have were sold along with the guns I had purchased them for.
    I use the OWB holster quite a bit. The pocket holster was replaced by a Mikas which covers the hammer better.
    But all in all, you'll find the Galco holster to be of good quality. You'll have to determine if it's the best holster for your New Vaquero.

BTW, I bought a New Vaquero too (about 5, 6 weeks ago). Mine is a .357 with the 5½" barrel and is blued/color case hardened. Reckon I'll be looking for a holster too, in the near future.

Good luck!
    Last edited by RoyJackson; February 18th, 2009 at 02:50 PM.