Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Gun-rights activist sparks ire with Rosa Parks comparison

Gun-rights groups are planning a peaceful show of force in Lower Merion on Sunday. But in promoting the event, they seem to have spawned a war of words.

The event invites gun owners from around the state to bring lawfully owned permitted weapons to Bala Cynwyd Park at 1 p.m. to protest a township ordinance that refers to gun-carrying in public parks.

The ordinance does not ban legal guns from parks, but rally organizers say it is vaguely written and should be repealed.

In an interview with a Main Line newspaper Wednesday, Kim Stolfer, a Pittsburgh man who founded Firearms Owners Against Crime, said the rally is about civil rights and would be "a Rosa Parks moment."

Gun-control activists, whose strategy had been to avoid and ignore the rally, called the comparison "offensive" and "appalling."

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20...Qc4FvqKfE2H.99
    MikeP

Default Re: Gun-rights activist sparks ire with Rosa Parks comparison

How dare anyone invoke the name Rosa Parks in vein.

In vein meaning any white person referring to RP in any context other than shameful white oppression with their heads held in shame for eternity.
    Last edited by God's Country; March 13th, 2015 at 07:49 AM.
    FUCK BIDEN

(York County)

Owning a firearm is a civil right, and, considering gun control in the last century by the anti-rights folks was only geared towards keeping blacks from owning guns in the south (and Mexicans / Asians in the west), the comparison is absolutely fair...

The trouble is liberals think all blacks should walk in unquestioning lock step with them and ignore the historical facts... Civil rights were opposed by D's; Their gun control was only meant for minorities; and their policies of welfare are still designed to keep blacks on the government plantation.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Tioga County)

MikeP

(Montgomery County)

I will be there barring emergency. It's a mile from my house and I'll have my son with me. Great chance to show that some people IN BALA even, are for gun rights.
    Last edited by bluetrane2028; March 13th, 2015 at 09:16 AM.

While I think these protests on municipal property are ill-advised after the Erie fiasco, I agree that Rosa Parks is an apt comparison.

Montgomery, Alabama, had a city ordinance that required blacks to sit at the back of the bus, and to give up their seats to any white person.

From Wiki:
    Under the system of segregation used on Montgomery buses, white people who boarded the bus took seats in the front rows, filling the bus toward the back. Black people who boarded the bus took seats in the back rows, filling the bus toward the front. Eventually, the two sections would meet, and the bus would be full. If other black people boarded the bus, they were required to stand. If another white person boarded the bus, then everyone in the black row nearest the front had to get up and stand, so that a new row for white people could be created. Often when boarding the buses, black people were required to pay at the front, get off, and reenter the bus through a separate door at the back.[13] On some occasions bus drivers would drive away before black passengers were able to reboard.[14] National City Lines owned the Montgomery Bus Line at the time of the Montgomery Bus Boycott.

That's pretty much universally disgusting to us, today. But there's no explicit right to travel by bus in the Constitution (although there's an equal protection clause). By contrast, the 2nd Amendment explicitly protects our right to keep and bear arms, with or without our state preemption of local ordinances. So in some ways, the explicit denial of our gun rights is WORSE than the repulsive laws that Rosa Parks contested, because the violation of our liberties is even more clear, and the consequences of "gun free zones" are in the news almost weekly.

Nobody died because they were treated like 2nd class citizens on buses. Plenty of people die because they are defenseless. The lynchings of our past don't begin to compare in numbers to the bloodbath caused by misguided gun control, or to the nightmares created in our big cities by Progressive policies. More black lives were snuffed out by urban black teens this year than were lynched in the last 50 years combined.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Delaware County)

I plan on attending this event in LM, just because these people who live in the township think we are a bunch of loony, psycho, vigilante, terroristic, gun fiends. The basis of their argument is all fear driven. The responses to me on Discus are too much. The verbal attacks and emotional dribble is what they rely on to make their point.

I tried on several occasions to reason with them, to no avail.

I suspect there will be a lot of people there tomorrow.

Will take some video......for documentation purposes only.....lol

(Delaware County)

so why is this the ifrst i am hearing about htis rally?
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I blame New Jersey for putting itself above the Constitution

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 90volts View Post
    so why is this the ifrst i am hearing about htis rally?
    Its been written about in the local papers. Rally is tomorrow at 1-2 pm at the Bala Cynwyd park on the corner of Belmont Ave and Trevor Lane.

King Shooters has donated some items for the raffle.

Township residents, at least a few of them, are up in arms.......no pun intended.

Article is in main line news.

(Delaware County)

Ya know that LM has no time for firearms or their owners. To my knowledge, the twp has about 60K population or more. I am not aware of a single gun store within.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast