Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Nevada couple denied adoption because they have carry permits

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Wanting to take individual responsibility for your security is not a choice. That's just how I, and people like me, were born. I could no sooner want to let someone else provide for my individual security than I could want to kiss a dude.

So, wanting to be able to protect yourself is not a choice, but carrying a gun to do so is a choice.

Disagree. It is a conscious choice, the same of making sure that the doors are locked, and windows are secured before going to bed. Being proactive is a choice!

You were not born this way. Your life experience tells you that this is a course of action necessary to your existence. This is the problem with sheep. Nothing happens to them, it always happens to other sheep on some other hillside, so they do nothing about safeguarding their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Disagree. It is a conscious choice, the same of making sure that the doors are locked, and windows are secured before going to bed. Being proactive is a choice!

You were not born this way. Your life experience tells you that this is a course of action necessary to your existence. This is the problem with sheep. Nothing happens to them, it always happens to other sheep on some other hillside, so they do nothing about safeguarding their existence.

Okay, then you are one of the people that thinks being gay is a choice. Good for you. Maybe you should just stick with the gun babe thread.

"Fight-or-Flight" is a natural reaction. It's not just one or the other. Both are compelling in any situation, and the individual decides. Some may choose same as you, some may not. Hurray for liberty!

(Allegheny County)

I wonder if they can foster if they have a swimming pool?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Erie County)

Okay, then you are one of the people that thinks being gay is a choice. Good for you. Maybe you should just stick with the gun babe thread.

"Fight-or-Flight" is a natural reaction. It's not just one or the other. Both are compelling in any situation, and the individual decides. Some may choose same as you, some may not. Hurray for liberty!
    First understand that there is a difference between choice and compulsion. While a choice is necessarily the result of a compulsion, it might not be the case if one has not the will to defer. This is not to be confused with the choice of a hot dog over a hamburger, because most likely the person has already tried both.

Fight or flight can be either, depending on the circumstances, and you should know this being in the military. Live to fight another day applies, but one confronted by an overwhelming force, and no chance of retreat or just wanting to stand your ground, you choose to be armed.

Whether being gay is a choice is not the issue, but understanding what compels us to the point that making a choice to the contrary is not within our control is more of the issue, and still remains a mystery.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    First understand that there is a difference between choice and compulsion.

I've been confronted with individuals that were very dertermined to end my life. When addressing them, I felt extraordinarily compelled to protect my life... as well as the lives of those around me.

That may not be your thing, but it's my right.

Survival is an instinct, and a natural right. To deny me the means to protect my survival is evil.

You may fight or run; either way the choice is yours in a free society.

(Erie County)

I've been confronted with individuals that were very dertermined to end my life. When addressing them, I felt extraordinarily compelled to protect my life... as well as the lives of those around me.

That may not be your thing, but it's my right.

Survival is an instinct, and a natural right. To deny me the means to protect my survival is evil.

You may fight or run; either way the choice is yours in a free society.

This is much more applicable than what I first quoted of yours, which was incorrect.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234