Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default local store to put on night sights

I Just bought two sets of night sights for two of my glocks, any ideas on local shops tha will install and what is a good price? I live in the McKeesport area.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: local store to put on night sights

Probably cheaper to buy your own sight tool, this way you can have it for future use. They are very easy to install with the tool.

Putting on Glock sights takes all of 15 minutes and dont waste your money on a Glock or any sight pusher for that matter. A nylon hammer, plastic or polly punch, slide block or Plastic vise jaws, and some fine grit sand paper and a cheap set of calipers is all you need. Here's some videos that show how really easy and non magical it this process really is.

(York County)

Thanks for he vids.

Quote Originally Posted by gizzymo View Post
    Thanks for he vids.
    Break a tritium vial while using a hammer and punch and your night sight will be worthless. Do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Break a tritium vial while using a hammer and punch and your night sight will be worthless. Do it right.

Do you think good gun smiths have sight pushers for each and every pistol out there? Even most universal pushers wont handle or at the very lease will mar some pistols up really bad.

If your tritium vials break it's because your an idiot or your sights are defective garbage not because your using a nylon hammer and a punch. By the way the guy in the 2nd video is a professional gun smith difference between him and the Brownells or Midway guy's is he has no products that cost hundreds of dollars and work poorly.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 4th, 2015 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Do you think good gun smiths have sight pushers for each and every pistol out there? Even most universal pushers wont handle or at the very lease will mar some pistols up really bad.

If your tritium vials break it's because your an idiot or your sights are defective garbage not because your using a nylon hammer and a punch. By the way the guy in the 2nd video is a professional gun smith difference between him and the Brownells or Midway guy's is he has no products that cost hundreds of dollars and work poorly.
    Is the OP a "good gun smith"? I don't know. I suspect not or he wouldn't have posed the question. He would be better off buying a pusher for his needs instead of risking ruining a set of night sights. I have done about 50 sets with a pusher with no damage. I wouldn't like my odds without the tool.
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Is the OP a "good gun smith"? I don't know. I suspect not or he wouldn't have posed the question. He would be better off buying a pusher for his needs instead of risking ruining a set of night sights. I have done about 50 sets with a pusher with no damage. I wouldn't like my odds without the tool.
    Jules

With guns there is a "Tool" for everything and a person who is into guns can spends thousands on them all just to do basic things that require a nylon hammer and a good set of punches, plastic, brass, and steel. Take your time and if you have to remove any materiel remove as little as possible with any job.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 4th, 2015 at 08:39 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    With guns there is a "Tool" for everything and a person who is into guns can spends thousands on them all just to do basic things that require a nylon hammer and a good set of punches, plastic, brass, and steel. Take your time and if you have to remove any materiel remove as little as possible with any job.
    Seriously, the tool is much easier and fool proof. Do it right, get the tool.

(Mercer County)

I've done it both ways. Using a pusher is definitely easier, and safer. That would be my recommendation. That said, if you know what you're doing and you take your time, the rear sight on a Glock can be tapped in with a punch without much difficulty. There's nothing to the front sight.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast