Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: local store to put on night sights

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    Not everyone is a skilled gunsmith such as yourself, hence the reason certain tools are made for certain jobs.
    Those tools were made to make jobs move faster and that is all because in the end time is money. They weren't made because of a lack of skill set with drifting out a set of sights.

Tritium vials are not going to break they are not made from discarded faberge eggs they are built to specific standard that can handle being drifted out with a punch and a hammer even brass ones.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Those tools were made to make jobs move faster and that is all because in the end time is money. They weren't made because of a lack of skill set with drifting out a set of sights.

Tritium vials are not going to break they are not made from discarded faberge eggs they are built to specific standard that can handle being drifted out with a punch and a hammer even brass ones.
    I disagree. Using a pusher significantly decreases the odds of breaking a vial. I have seen vials broken from being hit with a punch, several times. Twice by an actual gunsmith. Many manufacturers won't warranty sights if they die, and they discover punch marks. From Kahr:
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Khar sights were once known to be pushed in so tight that they required being pushed out one reason was the earlier pistols did not have any replacements for them so what was it it was all you had no reason to remove it. With the exception of the PM series which are all night sights and pushed in beyond what most would consider necessary they all will now typically drift out with little to no issue. I have done a CW9 with no issues and 2 pm 9's one with a punch with no issues and the other would not come out. Common sense said not to force it once it would not move with a brass punch.

Lots of user manuals say not to do a lot of things like use +P+ ammunition or doesn't stop people from shooting it without any failure or damage. Do it once and do it right and there wont be an issue plain and simple.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 4th, 2015 at 11:00 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
    I Just bought two sets of night sights for two of my glocks, any ideas on local shops tha will install and what is a good price? I live in the McKeesport area.
    Well, do you regret asking yet?

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

He got one answer to his question. He just has to wade through a pissing match and being told that if you can't punch out you're own sights, you shouldn't be shooting a gun.

Where do I turn in my guns?

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

I should know better, oh well, next time I'll just stop when the pro steps in.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    I should know better, oh well, next time I'll just stop when the pro steps in.

You guy's are great!

There is always more then 1 right way to do most things but with some members here it's their way or the highway because other ways cannot be excepted. So the insults and sarcastic remarks shot out and when they are sent back it's all about about butt hurt cause that's all some people have.

I love a difference of opinion and a good debate it's apparent that some here can only handle being right.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    He got one answer to his question. He just has to wade through a pissing match and being told that if you can't punch out you're own sights, you shouldn't be shooting a gun.

Where do I turn in my guns?

Justin

I would not have figured you for the "special needs" category but hey if your going to get your digs in then I might as well too.

And I said if you cant drift a set of poorly seated OEM plastic Glock sights out then you have issues. They are probably the easiest out there to do and Glock kinda makes it that way on purpose.

I have a feeling that everyone here can do it with ease they just cant handle not being over paying for a tool you don't really require or not being charged for a service that takes a guy less then 10 minutes too do and possibly with a hammer and a punch.

But if ya want you can send your guns too me I will dispose of them properly.

(Mercer County)

One time, I got an accuwedge stuck in my sight pusher after one of my thirteen pitbulls played with it. I had to take it to a gunsmith and have it driven out with a steel punch. It should've only taken 10 minutes or so, but I was stuck behind this gay Muslim guy getting his high point worked on.

It was one hell of a day.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

In a show of good board comradery I positive repped all involved (who I could) as there is no ill will or negative feelings on my end.

I love gun's, gunsmithing, and like most of you all.

Well Kinda

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast