Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: local store to put on night sights

Shop will probably charge as much for 2 guns as the tool, here are 2 I'd recommend. I have a older Glockmeister tool that works great.

http://www.glockmeister.com/Glockmei...ductinfo/GMST/

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/884...ght-tool-glock

Sorry guy's if anyone needs to $100.00-$500.00 for sight pusher to change a set of Glock sights then you shouldn't be using a hand gun because you have bigger issues.

After working on high dollar C&R type rifles and pistols for over a decade I have learned that for repairs the only special tool one needs is a good Foredom rotary tool, a good set of screw drivers, punches, files, stones and a few different hammers, and a set of digital and analog calipers. Having a belt sander, bench grinder, and drill press add greatly to it but are not required. This rounds out the everything you need for 95% of general gunsmithing and repair.

Op do what you will and what you are comfortable with. There are plenty of manufacture provided videos out there like from XS that provide directions as well as videos on removing and installing their sights with hand tools. XS even provides the FS removal tool as well as the nylon punch. Tritum vials are far from delicate and are made to stand up to adverse conditions including hundreds of thousands of rounds worth of recoil as well as modern combat situations. Unless your going to hit it with a 10lb hammer or directly into the sealed vial with a nail your not going to break them.

If I were closer to you I would tell you to stop buy with a sixer of your favorite beer and help you drink it after 15 min of not working hard.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 4th, 2015 at 09:16 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sorry guy's if anyone needs to $150.00-$500.00 sight pusher to change a set of Glock sights then you shouldn't be using a hand gun because you have bigger issues.

After working on high dollar C&R type rifles and pistols for over a decade I have learned that for repairs the only special tool one needs is a good Foredom rotary tool, a good set of screw drivers, punches, files, stones and a few different hammers, and a set of digital and analog calipers. Having a belt sander, bench grinder, and drill press add greatly to it but are not required. This rounds out the everything you need for 95% of general gunsmithing and repair.

Op do what you will and what you are comfortable with. There are plenty of manufacture provided videos out there like from XS that provide directions as well as videos on removing and installing their sights with hand tools. XS even provides the FS removal tool as well as the nylon punch. Tritum vials are far from delicate and are made to stand up to adverse conditions including hundreds of thousands of rounds worth of recoil as well as modern combat situations. Unless your going to hit it with a 10lb hammer or directly into the sealed vial with a nail your not going to break them.

If I were closer to you I would tell you to stop buy with a sixer of your favorite beer and help you drink it after 15 min of not working hard.
    No offense but this makes you sound like an idiot.

(Mercer County)

Yeah, $100 for a tool that you'll get use out of almost every time you buy a handgun is a good investment.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

To answer the question in the OP, Ace's will install them for you for a nominal fee. Free if you bought the sights there.

http://www.acesportinggoods.com/

Justin
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    No offense but this makes you sound like an idiot.
    None taken since your the one that cant use a nylon hammer and a nylon punch without breaking your sights and releasing radio active toxins not me.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 4th, 2015 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Yeah, $100 for a tool that you'll get use out of almost every time you buy a handgun is a good investment.
    $100.00 spent on a single pusher that changed only 1 brand of pistols sights is a waste of $100.00 unless you are an Armor of that specific pistol or a collector of that specific pistol. Your not going to find a single sight pusher that works great for a multitude of pistols without fitment or aligning issues and that is when you cause very big damage to your slide.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 4th, 2015 at 09:40 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Hey your the one that cant use a nylon hammer and a nylon punch without breaking your sights and releasing radio active toxins not me.
    Not everyone is a skilled gunsmith such as yourself, hence the reason certain tools are made for certain jobs.

(Mercer County)

$100.00 spent on a single pusher that changed only 1 brand of pistols sights is a waste of $100.00 unless you are an Armor of that specific pistol or a collector of that specific pistol. Your not going to find a single sight pusher that works great for a multitude of pistols without fitment or aligning issues and that is when you cause very big damage to your slide.
    The P500 I have has worked great on five different brands, and eight different styles of pistol so far. My local shops charge $20 to install sights, so it's paid for itself already having only had it two years. I would hazard to say that more night sights have been damaged by people being careless with punches than people causing damage with a universal sight pusher.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Berks County)

No no guys your all wrong, all you need is a twig and a rock. When I was making muzzle loaders I used a drift and hammer. I made those sights out of solid steel and brass. Little glass vials of radio active shit deserve a good pusher.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast