Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Osprey International

Hey guys, just figured I'd post this up here... was at the Ag Hall gun show yesterday and took a look at some Osprey Int'l scope... VERY nice, I was impressed, and the price tag is very affordable. I picked up 2 4x32mm scopes, about 45 each, lifetime warranty regardless of why its damaged.

They appear to be made much better then similar scopes in this price range (Bushnell.. etc) and they have some very nice full rifle scopes, including lighted crosshair adjustable scopes under 150.

they are worth a look!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Default Re: Osprey International

Yeah I just heard about this company and it seems that it may be a good scope. I just wish I could look at it before I buy considering that no place around me sells any different brand scopes. But then again I have found that you get what you pay for. So I would like to hear some reviews if anyone has any to offer. I was looking at there 10x40 50mm rangefinder scope.

(Monroe County)

Actually they are selling a few select models here:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/searc...rowse&k=Osprey

I just ordered the 3x12 x 56 for my new 30.06.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=453841 is the one you were looking at... for 130 its hard to go wrong and they definately looked fine... granted I didn't look at it in the 200+ yard range but...

When looking at these at the show they are extremely clear, they also have a 100% lifetime warranty so no matter what happens send it back and it will either be replaced or fixed.

While in the gun show I could look across the building (through both rooms) and easily make out details of items on the wall, a good 100+ yards away.

The lighted crosshairs are excellent, very adjustable to ensure it isn't to bright.

I have a 4x32 on my pellet gun now, its performing excellent, over 150 shots so far and no sign of it being damaged.

They also have hand adjustable adjustment knobs instead of needing a screw driver (they have lock screws as well). They come up with pop-up lense covers which are also removable. OVerall I'm extremly satisfied, their quality appears to be WAY beyond the standard bushnells, BSA, ... etc that most people use for affordable scopes.

I'm not sure if the owner was just blowing smoke up my ass but he said the NRA Magazine was giving them a cover in the near future, Cheaperthendirt had ordered several thousand of their scopes along with Sportsmans Guide. They had received excellent reviews from several magazines and were aiming for some serious mainstream pushes before hunting season.

I was really impressed by the gun, he didn't try to hide anything (they are assembled in China but no parts from there) and was very firm with his warranty. I showed a buddy of mine the scopes (he was there) and he picked one up. between me and my 2 buddies we bought all the 4x32's he had left for our .30-30's
    Last edited by Dredly; July 25th, 2008 at 04:10 PM.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

Thumbs down Re: Osprey International

I found this thread while searching for interesting little tidbits.

I have had a major problem with Osprey and their representatives here in the States, which appears to be Prestige Law Enforcement.

I have a problem which is, honestly, about 50% my fault. However :

I purchased one of their 6-24x50 scopes recently at a gunshow.

Normally, I'm a better consumer, but for some idiotic reason, I forewent my normal pissy customer routine.

After looking through the scope on display, I figured it was worth the $$, so I plopped down the requisite cash and was handed a brand new scope from the stack on the table (not the display scope. . .mistake #2 (Mistake #1 will be explained later)).

I was a vendor at the same show, so I didn't get a chance to even look at the scope until the show was over on Sunday. (Mistake #3).

However, when I went home, I found three problems with the scope I was given.

Problem #1 was a tiny bit of rubber O-ring hanging from the seam on the objective lens.

Problem #2 was a problem focusing the reticle. I couldn't screw the ocular lens down tight enough to bring the reticle into focus. (and I have 20/20 vision, so that's not the problem).

Problem #3 is the general focus of the scope, I can't get the scope to focus . . .at all.

Now, on to the REAL problem with Osprey International/Prestige Law Enforcement.

I attempted to contact them the next business day to see if there was a warranty.

I spoke with a young lady named Q***** (full name removed due to snottiness), who wouldn't even allow me to explain the problem.

The first thing right out of her mouth was "Do you have the receipt?"

Not "What's the problem?" or even a question about the scope, but "Do you have a receipt?"

I explained that I did not (Mistake #4) and told her where I bought the scope.

I was immediately given a phone number of an Osprey dealer out of Washington.

Okay. . .I'm in Colorado and explained that to her.

Her response was "they probably did the show."

It wasn't, but that didn't seem to deter her.

After several more attempts, I got her to finally admit that the scopes have a "Lifetime" warranty, but ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE RECEIPT.

I was advised that this was "STANDARD POLICY."

Interestingly enough, there is no mention of the warranty or requirement for the receipt for warranty work included in the packaging.

So, until I can track down the dealer (which doesn't seem to be a regular stocking dealer for Osprey International. . .or at least that's what I'm expecting to be told by Osprey/Prestige Law Enforcement), I'm stuck with a non-functioning piece of glass, glue and metal.

Osprey International / Prestige Law Enforcement's Customer Service is HORRIBLE. Do not expect to get anywhere with them.

They do not want to hear the problems with the scopes.

They obviously do not support their customers.

They do not include any warranty information on their scopes.

And, it appears they do not have a Code of Conduct for their dealers.

So, take a risk by buying your Osprey International Scope. You had better laminate the receipt (if you get one) and store it in your Safe-Deposit Box, just in case you ever need any warranty work.

Otherwise, don't bother. Spend your money on another brand.

J

Notes : Mistake #1 was not researching the scope before I bought it. I paid almost twice what can be found on the web.

Yes, I will be contacting the Gun Show Promoters to find the names of the people who rented the booth. I will be contacting them forthrightly.

I also will be contacting both the Colorado and Georgia State Attorneys General to see if I can register a formal complaint and see if any particular laws on warranties and or Lemon Laws were violated.

I will also be posting this information on my experience with Osprey International / Prestige Law Enforcement on every site where I find anyone supporting their scopes. I feel it's my duty to notify other potential customers of these anti-consumer policies.

I purchased an Osprey 6x24x50 tactical/target riflescope at a gun show about a year ago. I was unable to sight it in because one of the adjustment turrets was loose and when tightening, the set screw stripped out. I called Osprey and told them of my problem. They gave me a return authorization number. I waited three months before I finally mailed it to them. I received the scope back repaired within ten days. I was impressed by their service. They did not ask for nor did I give them a copy of my receipt. I would definitely purchase another scope from them. The vendor was:

Keith Oliver
    Osprey International, Inc.
    23 Hawks Farm Rd.
    White, Georgia 30184-3522
    (770)387-2751

Thanks for posting a contact for Osprey International. I have been hunting everywhere for a contact. I have a 3-12x50 Silver Finish, Illuminated MilDot Reticle and a 3-9x40 Black Finish, Illuminated MilDot Reticle. Both can not be focused. The Reticle is clear but the object can not be focused. I also have two Red Dot DSMR Reticle Pattern scopes that did not have protective covers which are supposed to be there. I bought them all at the same time at the 2008 Pheonix, AZ NRA Convention. I have never seen this problem before and the scopes do look like quality scopes.