Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Smile Repeal the Ban on Sunday hunting in PA

Hunters,

Please go to : http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/

Sign the petition..

Thanks

Default Re: Repeal the Ban on Sunday hunting in PA

Here is a direct link to the petition: http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/pa_sunday_hunting

I am not completely in favor of Sunday hunting as I mountain bike in several areas during hunting season and it is nice to have Sundays as a "go" day if you will. However I will sign the petition in favor as I recognize that my personal wishes are not relevant in the interest of freedom.

(Luzerne County)

Thanks...
    Most of us works during the week and we need Sat and Sun for hunting...
    Good Hunters are responsible and won't hunt where bikers are..

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by JL911 View Post
    Here is a direct link to the petition: http://www.nrailafrontlines.com/pa_sunday_hunting

I am not completely in favor of Sunday hunting as I mountain bike in several areas during hunting season and it is nice to have Sundays as a "go" day if you will. However I will sign the petition in favor as I recognize that my personal wishes are not relevant in the interest of freedom.
    If everybody had that attitude, this would truly be one hell of a country. Rep sent.

The ban on Sunday hunting needs shitcanned. I don't need religious bullshit restricting what I do.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    If everybody had that attitude, this would truly be one hell of a country. Rep sent.
    Ditto!
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JL911 View Post

Thanks, I can respect that.

(Crawford County)

The ban on Sunday hunting needs shitcanned. I don't need religious bullshit restricting what I do.
    Has nothing to do with religion at this point...although some would argue the original blue law was enacted on religious grounds. The judge who heard the lawsuit that HUSH brought against the state ruled correctly on that issue by saying it is not an infringement on anyone's religious beliefs, nor is it an endorsement of any one particular religion.

It's like saying that starting deer season on Monday instead of Saturday is an endorsement for religions whose sabbath are Saturday.

The underlying issue here is that the decision to keep the ban on Sunday hunting lies with the legislature and not the PGC where it should belong.
    Male RN

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by hacimsaalk View Post
    Has nothing to do with religion at this point...although some would argue the original blue law was enacted on religious grounds. The judge who heard the lawsuit that HUSH brought against the state ruled correctly on that issue by saying it is not an infringement on anyone's religious beliefs, nor is it an endorsement of any one particular religion.

It's like saying that starting deer season on Monday instead of Saturday is an endorsement for religions whose sabbath are Saturday.

The underlying issue here is that the decision to keep the ban on Sunday hunting lies with the legislature and not the PGC where it should belong.
    Then why was Sunday hunting illegalized in the first place, all those years ago?
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Crawford County)

Then why was Sunday hunting illegalized in the first place, all those years ago?
    Was it based on a religious premise at the start...yes. Is it still in effect b/c of its deep ties to religion...no. I believe it is still around b/c "that's the way it's always been" and the generations before never made the push to have it changed. On top of that, I don't know as if the legislature really wants to give up that power. I think you would be hard pressed to find a religious group or a denomination that would condemn hunting on Sunday. It is no different than riding a bike, taking a hike, etc.
    Male RN

(Montgomery County)

The NRA-ILA had a booth at the Great American Outdoor Show and I signed the petition there.

I understand that some people want to use the woods for recreation, but also that people want to hunt.

How about lifting it at least on private land and in State Game Lands. If they want to keep the ban in State Parks and State Forests, I would be OK. But forbidding someone from hunting on their own farm is ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast