Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Charges Dropped

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Charges Dropped

He can thank FaceBook and the online gun community for this.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Jersey has almost reached the point where the only people left there are dependent upon the government or are government officials making everyone dependent for their living. Decent citizens that still have some fortitude and zest for freedom have left long ago. New Jersey has become a hell hole of communism.

Yeah sorry you are incorrect there are plenty of people left in NJ who are still fighting the good fight in Trenton like we have fighting in Harrisburg. Instead of shitting on them every chance you get head over to NJ gun fourms and give them some support.

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    He can thank FaceBook and the online gun community for this.

Yup a lot of NJ 2A supporters were writting in for this guy as well as others across the country. NJ 101.5 must have talked about this guy and the laws at least 10 times by several different DJ's going over it again and again so people really got how idiotic and unfair their gun laws really are.

The last few cases have started to open the eyes of the uninformed for the better showing the good hard working people who are well liked by their communities were easily screwed for life over nothing more then a mistake or simple lack of knowledge regarding riddiculous over intrusive laws that dont do a damn to stop crime.
    Last edited by Hodgie; February 28th, 2015 at 05:08 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    He said he was. But before he does, I hope he sues the living piss out of that horrid state.
    She DROPPED the charges. Poking her in the eye with a lawsuit would probably not be the wisest move he could make. Hell, moving out may anger her enough to provoke her into refiling the charges. He is on dangerous ground for about , what is it, seven years?

Yous goise should all get together and Open carries a coupla deh Flintlock pistols ovah dere. Dat wood be awesome!
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Would YOU go to NJ with a CCW?

The police would run your plates, determine that you had a permit and then jack you up. You'd be lucky if all you got was hassled.... you might get "street justice" as these people see it.
    How would the New Jersey police determine that you had a LTCF by running your vehicle registration ?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Jersey has almost reached the point where the only people left there are dependent upon the government or are government officials making everyone dependent for their living. Decent citizens that still have some fortitude and zest for freedom have left long ago. New Jersey has become a hell hole of communism.
    Maybe small towns and cities the likes of Camden, Trenton, Newark, Jersey City, but there is a whole lot of other land over there where people are neither the tit, or feeding off of the tit.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    How would the New Jersey police determine that you had a LTCF by running your vehicle registration ?
    Big Brother effect.
    Everything is in a database.

My own personal experience leads me to believe NJ State Police can determine if you have a LCTF.

I; unfortunately; work in NJ.
    My primary mode of transportation is motorcycle. I ride 30,000+ miles per year.
    Doing so many miles on a motorcycle per year; you're bound to get stopped nearly regularly.
    Not necessarily ticketed; but stopped.
    So I routinely get stopped one or twice per year.
    And the stops are uneventful.

EXCEPT for getting stopped by a NJ State Trooper within 2 weeks after receiving my LTCF.
    During this stop. The NJ State Trooper; after pulling me over, me doing what other troopers have instructed me to do, and what I had done every stop in my life.
    I pulled over, turned off motorcycle, put side stand down, parked motorcycle, took off my helmet, held it in my hands, and stepped off motorcycle.
    Been doing these same steps for decades.
    BUT during this stop. The trooper jumped out of his car, placed his hand on his weapon, started screaming at me to put my helmet back on, get back on the motorcycle, flip up the side stand, and place my hands on the handlebars.
    And kept his hand on his weapon the entire time.

After this experience; you can not convince me the NJ police don't know and/or have ways to quickly determine you have PA LTCF or any other permit.
    --ET

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Big Brother effect.

My own personal experience leads me to believe NJ State Police can determine if you have a LCTF.

Doing so many miles on a motorcycle per year; you're bound to get stopped nearly regularly.

EXCEPT for getting stopped by a NJ State Trooper within 2 weeks after receiving my LTCF.
    During this stop. The NJ State Trooper; after pulling me over, me doing what other troopers have instructed me to do, and what I had done every stop in my life.
    I pulled over, turned off motorcycle, put side stand down, parked motorcycle, took off my helmet, held it in my hands, and stepped off motorcycle.
    BUT during this stop. The trooper jumped out of his car, placed his hand on his weapon, started screaming at me to put my helmet back on, get back on the motorcycle, flip up the side stand, and place my hands on the handlebars.

After this experience; you can not convince me the NJ police don't know and/or have ways to quickly determine you have PA LTCF or any other permit.
    As a USAF cop, I always had the rider stay on the bike, helmet on, stand up, hands on bars! Why?
    On the bike, stand "up", he has to balance the bike. More for him to do if he has any thoughts of doing something stupid. Helmet on, gives me a really good handle to grab onto if I need to twist him into the dirt.

The Trooper you encountered was likely ex-military cop. You know the difference between civilian cops and military cops? Civilian cops sometimes encounter trained killers, military cops, just about everyone they deal with is a trained killer. Some of those are extremely well trained, and practiced killers.

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Big Brother effect.

I can tel you 100% without a doubt that NJ LE local and State Police cannot tell who is vs is not an LTCF holder. As a former NJ resident I held a out of state FL permit and it was never picked up on. As a family member of 2 LE members and a close friend who is a Captain I can honestly say they don't know who has what. I also commute daily to NJ and do over 50k miles a year in the last 16 months I was pulled over 1 time on my way home at 1am in Phillipsburg NJ on route 22 for negoatiting a yellow light a bit late. I received a warning(having a CDL that you never use is handy) and there was never a mention of my LTCF.

Each of the more recent cases of NJ cops and transported firearms were all initiated because people talk way too much. Take your warning of ticket with a smile and drive on your merry way. One thing I have learned from coming from a family of LE is never talk to the cops anymore then you should this was advise given from active and retired LE.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 4th, 2015 at 12:42 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123