Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enck's Gun Shop

(Lancaster County)

Default Enck's Gun Shop

Went in for a visit. 2nd time there. First time they were busy so I didn't really talk to anyone. They did say Hi. Informed me of store products and they continued business. 2nd time there I took my Leo Trade in Gen 2 Glock 19. Very knowledgeable staff. (Ron thanks for the information and help with trigger spring) I understand it's very simple. Only after the fact. Ron took out the NY crap and slapped in a new trigger spring. ON THE SPOT!! Stock configuration. Told me a brief history and I went on my way. This is the 2nd gunsmith and he knew his stuff. Huge Thanks for the great service. I need a Ruger 10/22. I will be buying this from them very soon here. Thanks for the service.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Enck's Gun Shop

They were very nice when I was there also. Lot of stock in a small out of the way place.

(Berks County)

And they are generally well stocked with Cowboy Action Shooting / S.A.S.S. guns. Good shop, I wish they were closer.

(Berks County)

They always look at me like I just walked into the middle of their party. I'm neutral on that place.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    They always look at me like I just walked into the middle of their party. I'm neutral on that place.
    I see you are an ENDOWMENT MEMBER....maybe it's penis envy???

(Berks County)

Not quite sure what that means all I'm saying is that every time I go in there I feel as if I am completely out of place. Usually just a bunch of guys talking to each other never acknowledging me or asking if they can give me a hand.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Clearfield County)

Not quite sure what that means all I'm saying is that every time I go in there I feel as if I am completely out of place. Usually just a bunch of guys talking to each other never acknowledging me or asking if they can give me a hand.
    Most of them are alright, though that place does come off as a club sometimes. It isn't snobby at all though.

(Lancaster County)

I felt the same way on my first (and only) visit. I was almost made to feel guilty that I didn't buy something for several hundred dollars.

(Lancaster County)

Sounds like you guys ran into the lurkers.

Enck's is one of those types of gun shops that has a bunch of guys hanging out at the cash register, whom I call "lurkers". They aren't buying anything, but have something to say about every item you're looking at, or bring to the register to buy. Some sort of anecdote or snide comment I'm sure they find amusing. I've had similar experiences at the old Trop. Being shy/anti-social by nature, I'm not fond of snarky comments about the 2k rounds of 5.56 I'm bringing to the counter, the pistols I'm considering purchasing, or my physical appearance. It's not like the lurkers (similar at all the stores they hang out in, not just Enck's) are experts, but they still shoot further, faster, straighter, and more accurately than you ever have or ever will, even around corners while simultaneously doing a backflip off the tailgate of their pickup truck and dual-weilding S&W 500s. Just ask them. They're the guys who make you feel like an outsider, instead of a customer. How dare you break up their little soirée.

All that being said, aside from the lurkers, Enck's is still a great gun shop in my experience. The owner's friendly and will help you out. I ordered a specific Buckmark a few years ago that I couldn't find anywhere else (they're a Lipsey's dealer) with just a phone call (hadn't ever even been there yet), and picked up a fairly decent Yugo AK on my "recon visit" the week prior to the Buckmark's arrival.

That "recon visit" wasn't a bad idea. That place is a bitch to find in broad daylight. I knew the Buckmark was going to come in when I was at work, and wanted to pick it up after work, in the dark, in winter snow. Boy am I glad I had a GPS marker on the place.

(Chester County)

I've been in there a few times and have had good experiences, but I can see where some view it as clubby. The guys that work there seem to be nice, and helpful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast