Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Enck's Gun Shop

Default Re: Enck's Gun Shop

Yeah I have been there when a couple members of the "gang" were there. Didn't bother me. The one guy working there didn't like my opinion of the Lee FCD when he overhead me talking to another guy about it. LOL.

(Berks County)

Stopped in there today for the first time to have a look. Ended up spending a FEW bucks. Great bunch of guys. Great prices, at least for what I was looking at. Didn't mind the close quarters, and it was packed. Everyone I bumped into seemed very nice about it. Good way to spend the afternoon.

(Lancaster County)

I will NEVER go back to this shop. I brought a 1911 with feeding issues in. They said they would need a month. 4 weeks later and they needed a couple more weeks. Another month later, still not done. I found myself up at the VA and called. The guy actually said he was just finishing it. So, I ran over, he lied. He had just taken it apart for the first time. A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. I took someplace else....... 3 weeks and fixed.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    They always look at me like I just walked into the middle of their party. I'm neutral on that place.
    I feel the same way. And I’ve been in there a dozen times.

(Berks County)

It is so frustrating because I could be in there almost every day looking at their stuff but they honestly are too exclusive to anyone who is not in their inner circle it seems. I mean, I’ve bought stuff from them before never asked stupid questions like I do here ha ha and never gave them any reason to look at me cross but it’s just so weird when you walk in there it is literally like walking in the clubhouse of the local gun club on skeet and trap day and those Fellers in there.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Northumberland County)

Props to Encks. After the last 3-4 times of going in and thinking they were on death's doorstep (no firearms inventory, even before COVID) i went in yesterday and they both had 22 mag ammo, and had it at a good price. Lady that checked me out said 'we refuse to price gouge'. I'll have to keep a closer eye on them, in a good way

In October 2011 I was taking a road trip to see PA's Grand Canyon. I had heard of Enck's and was interested in stopping in. I used a GPS to help me get there, HAH!. The GPS took me to some house out in the country, definitely not what I was seeking. Not far from there, on another road was a sign for Enck's. I followed a few signs out in the countryside and finally came across what was marked as Enck's. of course the place was closed for the day. But it is not the location I find on their website today.

I half suspect that if I had stopped for directions I would have heard "Ya can't get there from heah."

Rick

(Lebanon County)

Trying to finish my AR build by this weekend. Called there and asked if they had Magpul grips and a stock on the shelf. Woman answered, *hold on let me check*, waiting waiting waiting, comes back, *yea we have a bunch of grips and stocks*. Ok cool, I head there after work, look on the hangers, zero grips, and one stock. There were like 4 AK grips. I go over to the counter and I ask other people (not who I talked to in the phone, I know who she is from previous dealings) I ask if I*m overlooking more somewhere, *ha, nope it*s all sold out*. Ok well *did it all sell out today, because I just called this morning and was told there was a lot more*. The two of them start kind of laughing and ask who I talked to. This other woman leans over to the guy and kind of whispers something to him, he says to me *she (the woman I talked to) doesn*t know what*s she*s talking about*. O ok, good thing she works at a f*n gun shop. I was so pissed. I vowed to not buy anything from there unless it was an emergency, here was my emergency and they failed again. The place is a joke.

(Northumberland County)

Things were pretty lean again yesterday, but they did have 5-10 boxes of various brass cased 9mm at $25/50rnds, 1 box limit. Some shotguns and a dozen or so handguns, few rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by RLS View Post
    In October 2011 I was taking a road trip to see PA's Grand Canyon. I had heard of Enck's and was interested in stopping in. I used a GPS to help me get there, HAH!. The GPS took me to some house out in the country, definitely not what I was seeking. Not far from there, on another road was a sign for Enck's. I followed a few signs out in the countryside and finally came across what was marked as Enck's. of course the place was closed for the day. But it is not the location I find on their website today.

I half suspect that if I had stopped for directions I would have heard "Ya can't get there from heah."

Rick
    That's probably their old location, the original Gun BARN was a literal barn packed to the hills. They moved to Main Street Myerstown, PA a few years back.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    Not quite sure what that means all I'm saying is that every time I go in there I feel as if I am completely out of place. Usually just a bunch of guys talking to each other never acknowledging me or asking if they can give me a hand.
    Stopped in this past Saturday and the above statement is still 100% true. I had a similar experience a few years ago and wanted to give them another chance. I will never be back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast