Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PSA: Please read if you own a Winchester Safe . . .

Thanks so much for a very detailed and informative post.

Bionic Man - Couldnt figure out how to send these in PM but here is a pic of my lock system from my winchester safe - any help is greatly appreciated.
    Keypad.jpgLocking Mech.jpgLock Full.jpg

Bionic Man - this is the same lock package that I have on my safe - did you guys ever figure out a replacement for this one?
    Reference Post #124 in this thread.

Thanks!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by krjones6725 View Post
    Bionic Man - this is the same lock package that I have on my safe - did you guys ever figure out a replacement for this one?
    Reference Post #124 in this thread.
    I don't believe so. Did you try reaching out to TimeMaster with the numbers on the back of the locking mechanism?

BionicMan, This is my first post. I have searched the internet and it lead me to this post. I am locked out of my Winchester gun safe and am freaking out. Can you please help me. My safe is approx. 7-8 years old. I seem to be having the same problems as everyone else. If I can get back into my safe, I'll order the new 5715 keypad. Also, any help with the install would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Chris

I have 2 of these safes. I have both serial numbers but where is the Model # located? The ones on tractor supply now look the same but they call it 26 gun not 24 gun. Also the new ones have an emergency key open. I need the model # of the older ones. Thanks

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

I see TSC has the new model "26" gun safe on sale for Black Friday. Having under bought with my original TSC Winchester (2012) and inheriting my fathers stuff, I am officially out of room. I am tempted to add another one.

How do the new ones compare? Can they still be retrofitted with a decent lock? Does anyone know where they are made? My local TSC doesn't carry them anymore so I can't just go look.

Thanks

(Northampton County)

I bought a new one maybe 8 months ago just as an ammo safe. It's made in China and overall of lower quality than the ~2012 models. It's about 150 pounds lighter, fit and finish isn't as good, and it has far less and far smaller locking bolts. (8 bolts / 4 active vs 12 bolts / 7 active) That being said, the highlight of the safe so far has been the LP-Lock NL Premier keypad. So far, it seems to be more robust and of better quality than the LaGard components on previous generations. I think it's perfectly fine for ammo storage, but I wouldn't use it to protect anything super valuable. Hopefully that info helps!

Quote Originally Posted by jesemd View Post
    I see TSC has the new model "26" gun safe on sale for Black Friday. Having under bought with my original TSC Winchester (2012) and inheriting my fathers stuff, I am officially out of room. I am tempted to add another one.

How do the new ones compare? Can they still be retrofitted with a decent lock? Does anyone know where they are made? My local TSC doesn't carry them anymore so I can't just go look.

Thanks
    Last edited by BionicMan; February 19th, 2024 at 04:29 PM.

(Berks County)

I have read through this and have been unable to find a couple of things. They might be right in front of me but I'm not seeing it.

My safe is a Cannon and keypad is NL and is starting to act up. Keypad mounting holes are at 3 and 9. Do I just need a keypad or do I need both keypad and lock? The 5715 keypad looks like mounting holes are at 12 and 6. I read Parrisk's post on page 11 and will call Cannon and see if they will send me newer and better version.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have read through this and have been unable to find a couple of things. They might be right in front of me but I'm not seeing it.

My safe is a Cannon and keypad is NL and is starting to act up. Keypad mounting holes are at 3 and 9. Do I just need a keypad or do I need both keypad and lock? The 5715 keypad looks like mounting holes are at 12 and 6. I read Parrisk's post on page 11 and will call Cannon and see if they will send me newer and better version.
    https://mbausa.com/ has the replacement locks and knows what you will need. Very Helpful.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast