Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
To counter what Don Johnson said, I've had nothing but good experiences at Gun Toters. The guys there are patient, and know their stuff. Mike is a cop, so maybe he gives off that vibe? I dunno. He was very nice to me. The only shop I refuse to go to is the one in Honesdale, Northeast Firearms. I was in there once, and the guy was a total sexist dickbag. Not to mention their shitty selection and prices.

Piestraks isn't really in the Scranton area; it takes about an hour to get there from this area. But it's a worth the drive.

There are a couple more stores around here: J&G Sports and Zellers. Both are in Throop. J&G's has a huge selection, lots of milsurp and reloading stuff, but the prices are kind of high. I've never been in Zellers, but I hear they're good. The one in Duryea is kind of a hole-in-the-wall place, not a big selection. Hunter's Gallery in Hamlin has a nice selection and good prices, and the family that runs it is very nice.
I second everything Molly said, I usually frequent Gun Toters in Eynon or J&G in Throop. J&G probably has the best selection of Milsurp stuff, I got a nice SKS there last year, and they do stock a lot of reloading supplies, but they can be pricey especially ammo.

Check out Advanced Arms too in Pittston. It's clean, modern and has the friendliest and most helpful staff.

Also, if you like your milsurp items smelling like dogs and formaldehyde, check out Heberlings Sports shop near Honesdale, it's a drive but they have a decent selection of used guns plus an indoor pistol range you can use for a fee. But be warned they do a lot of deer mounting and such in the back and if you go in there you'll know it but they're nice people hehe