Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Senate bill would allow concealed carry nationwide.

Texas Republican John Cornyn recently introduced "The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act." This act would reduce the need to avoid states like New Jersey, Maryland, New York, etc. It would also more than likely result in a reduction of crime in those states that formerly had prevented law abiding citizens from defending themselves.

A similar bill came three votes short of passage with democrats controlling the Senate.

Default Re: Senate bill would allow concealed carry nationwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
    Texas Republican John Cornyn recently introduced "The Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act." This act would reduce the need to avoid states like New Jersey, Maryland, New York, etc. It would also more than likely result in a reduction of crime in those states that formerly had prevented law abiding citizens from defending themselves.

A similar bill came three votes short of passage with democrats controlling the Senate.
    I remember the bill fairing better than the Toomey bill in 2013. Maybe there are enough votes now but I can see Obama vetoing it if it made it through the legislative branch. Would be nice to see where our current legislature stands now though.

Still don't like it.
    I don't trust any of those assholes.
    Even if it got signed or a veto got overridden, I can see the first time some dumb ass gets into trouble the law getting changed to add training, or who knows what.

No to mention it's fantasy unicorn territory to think states like NJ, NY, etc, etc, wouldn't keep it tied up in court for a decade, only to end up in front of scotus.

ETA:

Not to mention you will still have to follow the states laws, which is a nightmare at the moment, wait until they get backed into a corner with something like nationwide carry.

IMO a smarter place to begin would be fixing FOPA and this interstate, what's interstate, transport BS.
    Last edited by God's Country; February 13th, 2015 at 12:14 PM.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Montgomery County)

Cool Re: Senate bill would allow concealed carry nationwide.

Obama's veto can be overridden with sixty seven votes in the Senate.

(Mercer County)

Be interesting to see how it would be handled in the House. Personally i doubt it would make it out of the Senate either due to the number of Liberal Republicans.

We can only hope though.
    Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.

The gun rights 'movement' has been enormously successful in the last decade. I believe it will pass both the house and senate. I also believe it will have enough votes to avoid a veto, or they can attach it to a bill that the POTUS must sign.

I read an article wherein Chuck Shumer (D, NY) said he will fight this 'tooth and nail'. Maybe back in the 80's and early 90's his mindset had some national force, where gun control was a winner. Now, the rest of the country is in a VERY different state. NY, NJ, MD are now the tiny minority anti-gun feifdoms in a HUGE sea of a nation generally in favor of lawful carry.

I think that NJ, NY, MD will soon be eating their hats. They may try to take it to SCOTUS, and in the meantime, the law will stand. And Alan Gura, the main litigator who won us McDonald and Heller, will likely be involved. When NJ's concealed carry suit made it's way to the SCOTUS, NJ attorney general was literally BEGGING SCOTUS not to hear the case, and Gura had every reason to believe it was his case to lose.

NJ, NY, MD will need to get with the times, sooner or later. IF/when national carry happens, NJ and NY and MD residents will have their eyes opened when they see/know that out of staters are carrying guns in their midsts, and the residents can't even get their own state permits to carry. Very soon they will see the folly in their original anti-gun attitudes, and lobby for their own carry rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Action Jackson
    Obama's veto can be overridden with sixty seven votes in the Senate.
    Feelin' good about the votes being there?

Quote Originally Posted by Venitor
    Be interesting to see how it would be handled in the House. Personally i doubt it would make it out of the Senate either due to the number of Liberal Republicans.
    Mark Kirk was the only rebel in 2013. The son of a bitch got re-elected. Illinois has some idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by American1776
    he gun rights 'movement' has been enormously successful in the last decade. I believe it will pass both the house and senate. I also believe it will have enough votes to avoid a veto, or they can attach it to a bill that the POTUS must sign.
    I will LoL if that happens. In retaliation, the anti-Constitution states will pass draconian measures. As for MD.... there is enough resistance that I think Logan would refuse any harsher laws.

I think that NJ, NY, MD will soon be eating their hats.
    Within 5 years, in my opinion.

NJ and NY and MD residents will have their eyes opened when they see/know that out of staters are carrying guns in their midsts, and the residents can't even get their own state permits to carry. Very soon they will see the folly in their original anti-gun attitudes
    I'm gonna have to see it to believe it. We're not dealing with just 'mistaken' people here. We are dealing with anti-rights advocates hell bent on statism, Michael Bloomberg style.

(Washington County)

Even if this passes and does get pass a veto by Obuma the states will make it impossible to carry. For instance PRNJ will just mandate no HP and that any handgun carried be a "smart gun". This will not effect any current carrier since there is so few. They will have an exemptions for LEO and bonded carriers just like now.

Quote Originally Posted by American1776;

NJ, NY, MD will need to get with the times, sooner or later. IF/when national carry happens, NJ and NY and MD residents will have their eyes opened when they see/know that out of staters are carrying guns in their midsts, and the residents can't even get their own state permits to carry. Very soon they will see the folly in their original anti-gun attitudes, and lobby for their own carry rights.
    Think it's possible if this passes that savy Nj residents could apply for an out of state permit, which would in this case have to be recognized in Nj which would allow them to carry in their nazi state

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    Even if this passes and does get pass a veto by Obuma the states will make it impossible to carry. For instance PRNJ will just mandate no HP and that any handgun carried be a "smart gun". This will not effect any current carrier since there is so few. They will have an exemptions for LEO and bonded carriers just like now.
    When I drove an armored truck out of Bethlehem PA if the route went into NJ we had to make sure we were in compliance with NJ no mag over 15 rds. and no hollow points. There were no exemptions.
    National Handgun Reciprocity
    End Gun Free Zones
    Fast & Furious show us the documents

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast