Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default 45-70 Mauser Bolt Action

Picked up a custom built 45-70 siamese Mauser from a guy a few weeks ago. I saw it for sale and never heard of such a gun before. I had owned a 45-70 gig before and had to sell it but always wanted another 45-70. My question is what kind of value does this gun have matte finish scope plus Williams peep
    Sight walnut Monte Carlo stock and has a muzzle
    Break. I have pictures just can't figure out how to post them any help would be appreciated.

(Chester County)

Default Re: 45-70 Mauser Bolt Action

Quote Originally Posted by PROVANTAGE View Post
    Picked up a custom built 45-70 siamese Mauser from a guy a few weeks ago. I saw it for sale and never heard of such a gun before. I had owned a 45-70 gig before and had to sell it but always wanted another 45-70. My question is what kind of value does this gun have matte finish scope plus Williams peep
    Sight walnut Monte Carlo stock and has a muzzle
    Break. I have pictures just can't figure out how to post them any help would be appreciated.
    Could be worth anywhere from $150 - $300, especially if you want to "part it out". Pictures could help, ya' know?

What did you pay for it? Is there a name on the scope? If there's a muzzle break on the Monte Carlo stock, this is indeed unique craftsmanship, for I'm not sure if it's a tacked-on decorative muzzle-break or just something engraved on the stock.

You probably know that a muzzle break would work better when whomever modified the rifle attached it to the muzzle.

The Williams peep sight can be a great addition! Do you know how the seller shot with this rifle at the range?

Or did he just screw every miscellaneous part he had on to it thinking he could get more bang for the buck????

Help us out here and post pictures, OK?

Sounds very cool, but I'm still struggling with visualizing this highly modified rifle.

Thanks for taking the time to post on PAFOA....

Kindest regards,
    - bamboomaster

Upload pictures to a site such as Photobucket. Then copy the IMG URL and paste it into the icon that's yellow.

if it was done right/properly some folks will pay upwards of $400-500 for a 45-70 Siamese conversion.
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

They were fairly popular back in the 60s-70s. The Siamese Mausers had a large bolt face and the 45/70 fit with little modification. And the extremely strong action could handle loads approaching .458 Win Mag levels.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!