Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default LETTER FROM JOE SESTAK

this is a response i received from sestaks office concerning firearms in national parks..........July 11, 2008

Dear Mr. _________

Thank you for writing me regarding firearms regulations in our National Parks. I greatly appreciate your input on this matter, and I apologize for the delay in my reply.

As a Member of Congress, it is my responsibility to represent my constituents' concerns and interests and to provide them the honorable and enthusiastic service they deserve. I truly value your thoughts and suggestions on issues before the House. In a representative government such as ours, it is essential that I know what your views are on these issues.

As you know, my friend and colleague Congresswoman Betty Sutton has written a letter urging the Department of Interior to retain reasonable regulations controlling the possession of firearms in our national parks - the regulations that have been in place for 80 years permit firearms to be possessed or transported in national parks if they are unloaded and stored. Please know that I have signed on to Congresswoman Sutton's letter. I fully support upholding these current safe and effective regulations to guarantee that our national parks remain places where our treasured natural beauty can be observed and enjoyed without incident. I will actively oppose any legislation that attempts to revoke the "unloaded and stored" regulation.

On April 30, 2008, the Department of Interior released a proposed rule that would allow visitors to carry loaded, concealed firearms in national parks if the state permits people to carry concealed firearms in its state parks. I agree with you and many of my colleagues that this ill-conceived proposal attempts to fix a problem that does not exist; not only would the change create a patchwork of confusion for visitors and law enforcement officials, but it would also recklessly endanger American families who come to our parks for recreation and pleasure.

While I recognize the importance of states' rights, that is a flawed premise for lifting the regulation on unloaded and stored firearms on lands administered by the National Park Service and the Fish and Wildlife Service, because these lands are not State entities, but lands which often span multiple states, and which have been specifically designated and protected by Congress for their significance as national treasures, where Americans and our guests from around the world have the opportunity to learn, explore, and take in the history and breathtaking beauty of our most iconic places.

The "unloaded and stored" regulation is supported by current and former park rangers for its success at maintaing national parks as safe family destinations. According to the National Park Service, the probability of becoming a victim of a violent crime in a national park is less than being struck by lightning. The Association of National Park Rangers and U.S. Park Rangers Lodge, Fraternal Order of Police, have stated that allowing visitors to carry readily-accessible firearms would compromise this safe atmosphere. As stated in the letter I have co-signed, there is no legitimate reason to overturn regulations that have served our people and natural resources so well. I will work hard to ensure the "unloaded and stored" regulation is upheld.

Thank you for your letter. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to our future correspondence.

Please do not respond to this email.
    To send an email to Congressman Sestak, please
    visit http://www.sestak.house.gov/IMA/issue_subscribe.shtml.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: LETTER FROM JOE SESTAK

I sent him a piece of my mind....

I pointed out how merely walking across the street while carrying would make you a felon - He obviously hasn't thought this out in light of being reasonable - or his head is where the sun don't shine....
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Allegheny County)

wish i had the opportunity to vote against this guy.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    I do and likely will vote against whomever runs against him - unless he happens to 'refine his position' and work to respect our rights.
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Montgomery County)

What could we possibly expect from someone who endorses Obama? Sestak is an enemy of the U.S. whether he knows it or not.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

As a Member of Congress, it is my responsibility to represent my constituents' concerns and interests and to provide them the honorable and enthusiastic service they deserve.
    As a member of Congress, it is your responsibility to uphold the Constitution.

As you know, my friend and colleague Congresswoman Betty Sutton has written a letter urging the Department of Interior to retain reasonable regulations controlling the possession of firearms in our national parks - the regulations that have been in place for 80 years permit firearms to be possessed or transported in national parks if they are unloaded and stored.
    The provisions of our several constitutions, which are reasonable regulations of our government, have been in place even longer.

What I would ask legislators like this is:

"If PA or several States ratified an amendment to their constitution that said something like:

'The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.'

or

'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.'

would you then rescind support for measures which are clearly unreasonable in light of these constitutional amendments?"

I can only imagine the amusing responses that would result from such a question.

(Delaware County)

Craig Williams is running against him...
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    I will and am actively working to see his reinstatement in the unemployment line. I told it to him face to face.

(Chester County)

I can't vote him out, which irritates me. But let me say this....What a dick bag!!!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Allegheny County)

I wish these anti-gun people would happen to come under some circumstance that would make them wish that they had a gun themselves. Then maybe that would make them see the value and importance of bearing arms that our beloved forefathers of this nation saw when they drafted the Amendments to the Constitution.

Douche!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast