Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default PA Game Commission Clarification Letter on Hunting with a Suppressor

Sorry for the double post but I didn't want any hunters with suppressors to miss this in the NFA section.

A friend of mine submitted a letter to the PAGC asking for clarification on the legality of hunting with a suppressor. I never questioned it but some do, so now we have it spelled out pretty clearly.

We wanted to share this letter so other PAFOA members can take it with them on their hunts and show it to anyone who wants to say different.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Default Re: PA Game Commission Clarification Letter on Hunting with a Suppressor

Nice!

Thanks for posting!
    FUCK BIDEN

Default Re: PA Game Commission Clarification Letter on Hunting with a Suppressor

I'm surprised.

ok now thats it
    Everyone STOP asking for clarification on suppressors before some anti gun member of the PAGC says "Hey you know what maybe this goes against my political agenda " and reverses the "clarification." or eventually you'll find something similar to the sig brace reversal from the BATFI (bureau of alcohol, tobacco and fucking idiots)
    Last edited by bigandy1966; February 6th, 2015 at 10:42 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    ok now thats it
    Everyone STOP asking for clarification on suppressors before some anti gun member of the PAGC says "Hey you know what maybe this goes against my political agenda " and reverses the "clarification." or eventually you'll find something similar to the sig brace reversal from the BATFI (bureau of alcohol, tobacco and fucking idiots)
    I tend to agree. The more you poke the bear, the more chances you have of something going wrong. A letter isn't going to help anyone, the law is what it is.

And please don't take this as an attack on you, OP. This all goes back to the sig brace. Sig sends a sample to the ATF for their determination, and they say its not a stock. Should have ended there. But nope, overzealous folks who for some reason that i cannot imagine decide to start a letter writing campaign to continue to ask for clarification, as if we all couldn't see the outcome.

(Berks County)

"...as long as the required permit is possessed by the hunter..."

To what permit do they refer? Is there an additional permit above the usual hunting licenses/tags? If so, where is the application for it, and what are the requirements to obtain it?

I ask all this because IMHO the attached letter is bit vague. I think the federal requirements for possession of a suppressor are fairly well known to most on the site, and if not there's plenty of information here to educate people. However, exactly what's required by the state as far as hunting with a suppressor should be detailed. I don't want people who come across this thread to assume that simply carrying a copy of this letter will act as their "Get out of Jail Free" card, when in reality the WCOs could just ignore it as they write a ticket or take someone into custody.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Washington County)

All good discussion that I totally expected!
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Berks County)

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JoshIronshaft again.

(Bucks County)

Well done.
    I need to talk to DeCoskey myself on an unrelated matter.
    I don't know how I missed him the months I've had the PGC on my plate.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast