This is the second one in less then a year... This guy was shot in the head and markings around the body may indicate multiple shell casings laying on the ground.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc.../NEWS/80710002

Police are investigating the death of Steven Richard Santillo, 46, of Blakeslee, whose body was found this morning in Chestnuthill Township, at this time calling the death “suspicious.”

At about 5:30 a.m., a passing motorist found Santillo’s body lying in the middle of the intersection of Hypsie Gap and Laurel roads, in state game lands, said State Police Lt. David Dougalas.

A TV news station reported Santillo was shot in the head, but police are not confirming this or saying exactly how he died. Police did say it appears he died where his body was found. An autopsy is scheduled for Friday.

Investigators left a yellow-chalk outline around where Santillo's body was found, with what appears to be dried blood within the outline. Around the yellow outline are 13 small, circular, orange-chalk outlines, some of which have yellow dots in the middle, and one small, circular, yellow-chalk outline.

Police are not saying if the circular outlines are where shell casings were found. Police have no suspects in custody.

Hypsie Gap Road was closed for several hours and reopened shortly after noon. The road runs from Route 715 in Chestnuthill Township to Kuhenbeaker Road in Tunkhannock Township.

Last December, hunter Lee VanLuvender of Bartonsville was found shot to death off Hypsie Gap Road in Tunkhannock Township, near Tunkhannock Creek, more than a mile northwest of where Santillo was found. VanLuvender’s murder remains unsolved, despite a $10,000 reward being offered.

Police said they have nothing connecting VanLuvender's and Santillo's deaths at this time.

Laurel Road stretches east from Hypsy Gap Road, becoming Jackson Road in Jackson Township. Melissa Greene, who lives near Jackson Road, said she and Max, her police-trained German shepherd malamute mix, take daily walks on Laurel and Hypsy Gap roads.

“It’s really scary to live around here anymore,” said Greene, who moved to the area two years ago. “I’ve heard stories about gangs and the Mafia being up here. I’ve seen some creepy people around.

“Once, my boyfriend and I were walking and a guy in a business suit, driving a luxury car, stopped and asked us if there are any houses in the area,” she said. “We told him no. He smiled and said, ‘Good,’ and then he drove off.”

Pam Anderson of Chestnuthill Township agreed with Greene about the area becoming less safe than it used to be.

“People moved out here to enjoy nature and enjoy the scenery, not to stumble on dead bodies or suspicious activities,” Anderson said, shaking her head.

Last November, a 2001 Jeep Cherokee registered to Santillo was reported stolen in Jim Thorpe and later recovered at the base of an embankment off Route 209 at Carretero’s Restaurant in Polk Township, state police at Lehighton said. Police have not said if that incident is connected in any way to his death.

Anyone with information about Santillo’s death is asked to call police at (570) 646-2271.