Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ availability

(Montgomery County)

Default CZ availability

After years of ignoring all the hype I finally decided to give CZs a try, specifically interested in the PCR or P01....only to find ZERO available around here (philly). I'm curious if this is an anomaly or are they really that hard to come by now?

I swear for years I remember seeing these things everywhere and now the only thing I find is the P07 and P09s which I do not like at all.

(Chester County)

Default Re: CZ availability

There availability is spotty, and seem to come in waves. Last time I was in Targetmaster in Chadds Ford they had some, and Tanners usually has a few. The best way to get what you want is to order from Buds Gun Shop or anther webstore, and have it transferred through your local FFL holder/gun shop.

I have three CZ pistols, and they are well worth seeking them out.

(Susquehanna County)

Check this site out.

I'm pretty sure he'll ship to your FFL.

Or you can take a ride to Ulster, Pa.

http://oakhillguns.com/pistol/cz-usa.html?p=1

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

You're within driving distance of Target World in Chalfont. I go there a lot. Their prices are a little high, but they have pretty good selection. Some of their staff are pretty nice. I've always seen CZ pistols there. Might want to try them.

(Lancaster County)

Owner of a 75/p01 and 75 full size. The p01 has a spot to mount a light/laser. Pcr does not. Can't go wrong with either, both decocker guns.

(Allegheny County)

What kind of guns do you like? What do you currently have and / or shoot regularly?

I did the same thing and "succumbed" to the CZ pressure recently. My advice. Shoot one first. And not 5 rounds. Go rent one and put 100rds through it.

The stock sights blow donkey dick. The double action pull is so heavy it's comical. The SA pull even after a couple hundred rounds, and hundreds and hundreds of dry fire pulls, racks, good lube. Is still gritty enough I can feel every last iota of the trigger pull before it breaks. It has lightened up. It isn't bad. But I can hang the trigger in the SA pull on the sear, let the trigger go and it will stay. Then click the hammer and hear it release. You may also find that deep grip and narrow beaver tail jams itself right into the web of your hand. Unreal grip when you pick it up. Not always awesome after shooting it a lot. This may not matter on the full size guns, but the compacts it's a tight fit to get all your fingers in the grip and it *could* wedge your hand high into the gun. Again, at first it will make you love it. But when it starts rocking into the web of your hand a couple hundred times you may find it less than ideal.

And you're probably like, but I shoot 1911's and they have a beaver tail and I've never had that problem... it's the rake in the grip that does it.

A Glock doesn't feel anywhere near as good in your hand. But still allows a very high hold, doesn't eat you. And has a lower bore axis. And you'll hear a lot about but the internal slide rails reduce recoil. Bullshit. Dual recoil springs and a low bore axis reduces recoil. This is as flippy as any other similar gun, and more flippy than a gen 4 Glock.

But the CZ's are known for their accuracy. Annnnd la dee da again. G17 or G19 holds more, is lighter. And shoots just as well if not better for me. Perhaps its the poor trigger and lousy sights.

But but but... Everyone says...

People say a lot of things in the gun world. A lot of it is regurgitated from one person to another.

Any FNP/FNX will blow the doors off the CZ's trigger. As soon as I feel like I've dry fired this enough that I start to like it, I pick up my FNP and remind myself the factory trigger in this gun is garbage. And the FNX is cheaper... lighter, simpler, ambi, and will let you decock or use the manual safety on the same gun. Tada!

I have $350+ in custom parts on the way for the CZ to make it suck less. Maybe it will soon be amazing. But for $6XX+350 think about what you can get for $1k...

Its a pretty gun but a dated design. If I could push the reset button I would have bought a clone or an old surplus 75 and built it from the ground up as a SAO gun with race parts.

Any decent 1911 craps on the 75.

And I'm a Glock guy, not a 1911 guy.

I like it because its different and its a challenge to work on. That said the CZ kool-aid drinkers will scream unicorn, when in fact - its just a pony. It is by no means a bad gun. But its not magical either. If your norm is not in this box, I strongly recommend you try before you buy. And also consider other guns that behave similarly.

Maybe you'll pick it up and love it. Try it first.

(Montgomery County)

Call classic pistol in Southampton and see what they have in the case.

Go to http://www.galleryofguns.com/default.aspx. They have a number of CZ's. I have three of them and they are shooters.
    20 years USN - OSC

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    What kind of guns do you like? What do you currently have and / or shoot regularly?

I did the same thing and "succumbed" to the CZ pressure recently. My advice. Shoot one first. And not 5 rounds. Go rent one and put 100rds through it.

The stock sights blow donkey dick. The double action pull is so heavy it's comical. The SA pull even after a couple hundred rounds, and hundreds and hundreds of dry fire pulls, racks, good lube. Is still gritty enough I can feel every last iota of the trigger pull before it breaks. It has lightened up. It isn't bad. But I can hang the trigger in the SA pull on the sear, let the trigger go and it will stay. Then click the hammer and hear it release. You may also find that deep grip and narrow beaver tail jams itself right into the web of your hand. Unreal grip when you pick it up. Not always awesome after shooting it a lot. This may not matter on the full size guns, but the compacts it's a tight fit to get all your fingers in the grip and it *could* wedge your hand high into the gun. Again, at first it will make you love it. But when it starts rocking into the web of your hand a couple hundred times you may find it less than ideal.

And you're probably like, but I shoot 1911's and they have a beaver tail and I've never had that problem... it's the rake in the grip that does it.

A Glock doesn't feel anywhere near as good in your hand. But still allows a very high hold, doesn't eat you. And has a lower bore axis. And you'll hear a lot about but the internal slide rails reduce recoil. Bullshit. Dual recoil springs and a low bore axis reduces recoil. This is as flippy as any other similar gun, and more flippy than a gen 4 Glock.

But the CZ's are known for their accuracy. Annnnd la dee da again. G17 or G19 holds more, is lighter. And shoots just as well if not better for me. Perhaps its the poor trigger and lousy sights.

But but but... Everyone says...

People say a lot of things in the gun world. A lot of it is regurgitated from one person to another.

Any FNP/FNX will blow the doors off the CZ's trigger. As soon as I feel like I've dry fired this enough that I start to like it, I pick up my FNP and remind myself the factory trigger in this gun is garbage. And the FNX is cheaper... lighter, simpler, ambi, and will let you decock or use the manual safety on the same gun. Tada!

I have $350+ in custom parts on the way for the CZ to make it suck less. Maybe it will soon be amazing. But for $6XX+350 think about what you can get for $1k...

Its a pretty gun but a dated design. If I could push the reset button I would have bought a clone or an old surplus 75 and built it from the ground up as a SAO gun with race parts.

Any decent 1911 craps on the 75.

And I'm a Glock guy, not a 1911 guy.

I like it because its different and its a challenge to work on. That said the CZ kool-aid drinkers will scream unicorn, when in fact - its just a pony. It is by no means a bad gun. But its not magical either. If your norm is not in this box, I strongly recommend you try before you buy. And also consider other guns that behave similarly.

Maybe you'll pick it up and love it. Try it first.
    thats EXACTLY how I used to feel for years. I am definitely not a 1911 guy. I mainly shoot glocks/sigs/hks. Given my choice I will take a striker fired gun every time but I thought given all the hoopla you hear about CZs I felt as though I had been missing something. I love my USP compact but the one thing I hate about it is the trigger, at first it was horrible DA pull that has lightened up a bit, but still too heavy for my liking. I really dont like long DA pulls, with the exception being the Sigs...they always have a smooth trigger right out of the box.

I have the CZ 75-P01 SDP and PCR. Both excellent pistols. I use the SDP in competition shoots all the time. Extremely accurate and the ergos are fantastic. One of the best 9MM I own.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast