Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Probably a stupid question

but what is the deal with this? http://www.marstar.ca/fullauto/US-M2HB.htm

It's a US-made browning M2, all US parts, made before the MG ban. Can't you get a $200 tax stamp and bring it in? It's not like it is an AK (foreign made).

Or is there something banning re-importation of US made NFA items?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Probably a stupid question

afaik it would have had to be registered in the u.s. as a machine gun by may of 1986 for it to be transferable to a civilian in the states

(Allegheny County)

disclaimer on web site cover it pretty well, Only MG civilian can legally posses it ones currently in the NFA, Its closed now, it would take a act of congress to open it back up agains, so all there is, is all there is going to be, hence the reason why transferable MG cost so much, limited supply + high demand = higher cost

Important: The weapons shown on this portion of our web site are available exclusively to those organizations, government agencies, and individuals who have been issued special licenses by the Canadian government (or, in the case of American and other non-Canadian individuals and organizations, are entitled by their government to import and possess these types of weapons). All transfers of ownership and license verifications are conducted by the Canadian Firearms Centre (federal registrar) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (federal law enforcement). Each and every transaction is individually checked and approved by them before it can be completed.

(Chester County)

Yeah, I guess it had to be registered at the time of the creation of the NFA registry. Such a shame.

They even have nice FA PPSh 41's for like $500.

I don't know why I go to that site... between those things and norinco M14s clones, I just get frustrated.

(Berks County)

God the pieces of history that are out there that we can not get because of that one stupid law... Sigh.
    Freedom is paid with the blood of those who understand what being free really means. (Me)

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - 1775 Benjamin Franklin

(Montgomery County)

the importation of MGs has been banned since the GCA of 68...most foreign made MGs after 68 are conversions made by manufacturers, or individuals.
    it doesn't matter if it was made in the US, then taken out, its getting it back in thats pretty much impossible.

see the sticky I posted in the NFA forum here, its explains all of this.
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/nfa-class...ppressors.html
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by MTechnik View Post
    Yeah, I guess it had to be registered at the time of the creation of the NFA registry. Such a shame.

They even have nice FA PPSh 41's for like $500.

I don't know why I go to that site... between those things and norinco M14s clones, I just get frustrated.

Its sad when 6 years ago my company bought 400 PPSh 41s brand new for $75 a piece and then the ATF in all thier wisdom made us cut them up. We also had to cut up some brand new HK G36s, HK 21s and VZ-58s. all because they were inbond and they didnt want them in the country.
    14OO N. HERMITAGE RD, HERMITAGE,PA 724-962-1776......STOP BY AND SEE US SOME TIME

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by elitefirearms View Post
    Its sad when 6 years ago my company bought 400 PPSh 41s brand new for $75 a piece and then the ATF in all thier wisdom made us cut them up. We also had to cut up some brand new HK G36s, HK 21s and VZ-58s. all because they were inbond and they didnt want them in the country.
    That brings a tear to my eye..
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Mercer County)

Ya within a 2 year span we cut up about 800 full auto weapons we imported. some of the weapons were very rare. worst part is nobody even had a chance to shoot most of these guns . 90% were brand new.
    14OO N. HERMITAGE RD, HERMITAGE,PA 724-962-1776......STOP BY AND SEE US SOME TIME