Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: JOB

(Philadelphia County)

Default JOB

THINKING ABOUT GETTING MY ACT 235 BUT WONDERING WHO WOULD BE HIRING. I ALREADY HAVE MY CAREER IM A PHILLY FIREFIGHTER BUT WANT SOMETHING PART TIME. IF ANYNE COULD HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

(Chester County)

Default Re: JOB

Welcome to the forums.

Thank you.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Jefferson County)

Local security guard companies are the first places to check(Yellow Pages). They can usually get you work regularly and score the better contracts, rates and benefits. Brinks, Wells Fargo, and local security firms.

If you free-lance to stores/business, I'm not sure if PA requires any sort of business license. ...but I'd lean towards you having to. You'd seriously want to consider setting up a corporation or LLC to protect you just incase you F'up and get sued for unlawful arrest or use of force. You'd have to foot the bill on liability insurances, security bonds and probably would be wise to have a lawyer on retainer.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Schuylkill County)

Knight, hit most of them. Check armored car services i.e. Brinks, Garda, Dunbar, Wells Fargo, etc. They are always looking for full and part time help. Also, check out race tracks and gambling joints

(Adams County)

I was talking to a "Special Police" officer at a race track (then run mostly Sprint cars and junk car races). I asked if he had his 235. I came to find out that he was a constable and did the security thing for extra money. It was strange at first because he wouldn't tell me his name or that he was a constable. He just kept saying "Local Law Enforcement".

I told him that I had thought about getting my 235. He kept saying "There's lotsa money to be made around here with a 235." I'm not sure what he meant though. He even told me that the race track preferred to use off duty LEO or Constables because they have Arrest powers.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

(Philadelphia County)

thanx everybody for replying and welcoming me to the site. stay safe

I'd go out on a limb and say that I wonder what that guy meant by a "lot" of money... if someone is paying out big bucks for an Act 235 (and not some other experience that you have), I have yet to hear about it.

Good luck and stay safe. Philly is a dangerous place for armed guards.

(Bucks County)

Welcome aboard, septa was recently recruiting.