Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Petition Urges Christie to Pardon Would-Be Police Officer

Heard this on NJ 101.5 at lunchtime today:

http://nj1015.com/petition-urges-gov...olice-officer/

What does everybody here think?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Petition Urges Christie to Pardon Would-Be Police Officer

He broke New Jersey's common sense gun laws that protects the public from irresponsible people that think can just own any own a gun for no reason. He should have to serve a full sentence with no leniency. Those damn gun owners and their little rights have to be stopped
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    Heard this on NJ 101.5 at lunchtime today:

http://nj1015.com/petition-urges-gov...olice-officer/

What does everybody here think?
    At first I thought it was really weird that Pennsylvania Police Officers would have more firearms carrying abilities in New Jersey than their own officers, then I read "the rest of the story"....

Steffon Josey-Davis legally owned a gun.

But one day, two years ago, that gun completely changed his life — without a pull of the trigger.

Josey-Davis owned a 9mm Smith and Wesson handgun and was working as an armored-car driver with hopes of being a cop, he said. Now he’s a convicted felon and, in some ways, a poster boy for gun-rights advocates.

He can’t vote, is disqualified from most jobs, and his career goals are derailed indefinitely.

What crime was Josey-Davis guilty of?

Having his legally owned gun in the glove compartment of his car.

The mistake

Josey-Davis was preparing for a normal workday on Sept. 20, 2013, after which he planned to go to a Pennsylvania gun range with coworkers.

He was checking his gun in the family garage when his younger sister came into the room. He quickly stuffed it in the glove compartment so she wouldn’t see the gun, which he said he always kept out of sight and locked away, he said.

Read more here

Below is Steffon’s story in his own words:

I was an armored guard, with plans to be a police officer until I got a felony conviction for having my legally owned service weapon in my glove box. Now my dreams of being a cop and providing for my family have been dashed. The only way I can get my life back on track is if Governor Christie grants me a pardon. Please help me tell the governor that an honest mistake shouldn’t ruin my entire future.

My name is Steffon Josey-Davis. I am a 24-year-old from New Jersey. As an armored car driver, I am legally permitted to own a weapon. On September 20th, 2013, I was planning to go to the gun range with a friend, and was in the garage checking my firearm when my 6-year-old sister walked in and surprised me. I have always tried to keep my firearm away from my younger siblings as to not spark their curiosity, so I quickly shoved it into my glove compartment before picking her up and taking her back inside the house.

Later that day, having been distracted by a chain of events, I got in my car, with my gun still in my glove compartment. I was pulled over shortly after for a routine traffic stop. Immediately I realized my mistake; in NJ a loaded weapon must be carried in a locked trunk. I alerted the officers that I had a weapon in the car. They confiscated and told me I would be able to pick it up later that week, and I thought that was the end of it.

When I arrived at the police department, I was informed that I had been charged with weapons possession, a second-degree felony. Instantly my life changed. I was facing a ten year prison sentence for trying to keep a firearm away from a child. I was horrified by the thought of spending ten years in prison, away from my family, my girlfriend and the dreams that I hoped to one day achieve, so on my lawyer’s recommendation I took a plea of one year probation.

Read more at http://blurbrain.com/nj-man-ends-fel...zSDeY7Qcgmo.99

Later that day, having been distracted by a chain of events, I got in my car, with my gun still in my glove compartment. I was pulled over shortly after for a routine traffic stop. Immediately I realized my mistake; in NJ a loaded weapon must be carried in a locked trunk. I alerted the officers that I had a weapon in the car. They confiscated and told me I would be able to pick it up later that week, and I thought that was the end of it.

Here is where "Don't ask Don't tell" comes into play in every day life. Should he be pardoned well he should have never been convicted of anything in the 1st place but No he should not unless the hundreds of other lives that have been ruined for a stupid mistake over a stupid law are also pardoned.

So he wants a pardon for doing exactly what he would have busted any one of us for under the same situation (had he been a cop)?

Sorry but just as soon as Christie pardons Brian Aitken.
    FUCK BIDEN

He should be petitioning to change the laws as well as a pardon, without doing that I don't see him getting the support he is looking for.

(Bucks County)

he stands a better chance of christie kreme eating him, than pardoning him.

he won the "sucks to be you award". heard the story. felt for him.but, at the end of the day, he broke the draconian gun laws of the peoples republic of new jizzey, and christie kreme hates guns and gun owners.

I don't feel sorry for him.

And the worlds most tattooed man is a retard.

(Wayne County)

What the hell is a routine traffic stop? Where is he a armored guard at? Why is he 18 years older than his sister? Why the hell was he in PRNJ in the first place? So many questions. What was the name of the woman from Pa. who got popped in PRNJ on the way to the airport that got a pass?

(Allegheny County)

He was checking his gun in the family garage when his younger sister came into the room. He quickly stuffed it in the glove compartment so she wouldn’t see the gun, which he said he always kept out of sight and locked away, he said.
    So, why was he hiding the gun? What is he ashamed of here?

I was facing a ten year prison sentence for trying to keep a firearm away from a child.
    He was afraid she was going to rip it out of his hands, or what?

Seems kind of slow witted to me - but that shouldn't be a barrier to his plan of becoming a cop, and certainly doesn't merit a felony conviction.

But yeah, once again, when pulled over by the police, shut the hell up and volunteer nothing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast