500 Tables

GPS ADDRESS:
    2634 EMMITSBURG ROAD
    GETTYSBURG PA 17325

$8.00 ADMISSION
    UNDER 12 FREE

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gettysburg Gun Show

This is always a great show. One of my favorites.

(Lancaster County)

Crowded with refugees from PRMD.

Some cool stuff, I grabbed a nice old holster for my Colt for $8...

Not too much junk. Lots of new...

Worth the drive, but I wouldn't be surprised to read of a shootout in the parking lot.

(Philadelphia County)

Any updates on this one guys ? Anyone go today ?

(York County)

We got there around 10:00am. There must have been over 100 people in line to get in! The line did move fairly quickly though. Once inside the isles were very crowded and difficult to move through. It was also hard to see items on the tables/in the cases. There was a pretty good selection of powder available, and 22lr was there, but prices were still too high for my blood (thankfully I was pretty well stocked before this last panic hit). CCI-SV was going for $43-$45 and up as an example. I can't say I saw anything approaching a good deal on any guns I might have been interested in, though YMMV. We noticed a very high presence of MD license plates so the MD folks were certainly out in force for this one too. The show was much more crowded than the last few held in Gburg. The only thing I bought was a dehumidifier for the new safe. Overall this is about what you can expect at most shows these days. Still not a bad way to kill a few hours with a buddy.

(Adams County)

Agreed, I usually go every year this time of year and roll in around 9:30 and get right in, easily a line until 11, I ran into lots of MD and even NJ people. I have a feeling superbowl and the snow due tomorrow helped crowd today. I can't remember the last show of this size that had so many revolvers, if your looking for the more common powder varget, cfe 223, was gone by noon. A few tables with Federal gold 22 $45 for a brick of 500. I feel like I spend $7 to go to the gunshow movie, I rarely buy anything anymore because its all available shipped to my door for less, and I get better deals on guns just going to the local places.

(York County)

I think you've hit it Corey. Anymore going to gun shows is more for the entertainment value than picking up good deals for me. I know part of it is that I simply am not looking for all that much. My collection is just about complete, at least as far as what I want/need. And like you said, ammo and supplies are pretty much available for less on line or elsewhere.

I detoured to the Gettysburg show yesterday on my way home from a family event. I got there later than I would have preferred at 1PM. Although much smaller than my preferred Harrisburg shows I found some good deals.

2 x 100 count boxes of hard cast 230 gr .45 from John of Alpha Bravo Manufacturing at $9 each. I didn't really need this but John's a great guy and I always spend a few bucks. He's a local Adams County guy who has a great product at excellant prices.

3 x 250 count of .30 110 FMJ for the .30 carbine. At $25 per bag it comes out to .10/round which is the cheapest I can find.

I've always been one to dig through the boxes of misc stuff the vendors don't want to unpack and I usually score some nice finds at great prices. This time I found a North American Arms belt slide holster that fits my NAA .22 Mag. Priced at $10 the vendor accepted an offer of $5.