Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Lies about NRA and gun law in local paper

Letter to editor Bucks County Courier Times 1/22/2014

I thought we all hated bullies. No longer touting the "kids will be kids" mantra, schools and teachers are now required to take action against suspected bullying. But what of one of the biggest bullies we have in the U.S. today -- the NRA?

Lobbyists with a tremendous amount of money from their incessant drumbeat of impending chaos and dystopian government takeover in order to sell more guns and ammo to the fearful public. The public, including guys sitting at home, oiling and cleaning their guns, while listening to the vitriol and lies from radio shows like Limbaugh and Hannity. The NRA claims that rules and regulations do no good -- criminals don't follow the rules, anyway, right?

Well, are you aware that the NRA has helped to co-author the new state firearms law, which gives third parties the right to sue any municipality that chooses to not follow the mandate? A mandate that allows minors to possess guns. Allows not only carrying but discharging of guns in the city and in parks. Does not include a mandate for reporting lost or stolen guns. Does NOT prohibit the sale or display of guns while the city is under a state of emergency.

In other words, a state law that forbids municipalities to have common sense protection of its citizens. Do you want gun-toting enthusiasts at your child's playground or the park? How do you feel about people running around with guns in a state of emergency, when cooler heads may not prevail? Citizens of a municipality should be allowed to decide whether they want to allow guns in their public spaces. After all, how do you tell the "good guy with a gun" from the bad one? Answer: you can't.

One of the reasons police have been so overly zealous in their apprehension of purported "criminals" by shooting first and asking questions later, is that so many are carrying that the police are nervous and assume there may be a gun involved in the "crime." More guns means more shootings, more senseless deaths.

Get involved. This is our fight…our parks…our children. Sign petitions, join your local chapter of Ceasefire or Moms Demand Action, go to the rallies. Call or email your elected representatives -- local and state. Make gun safety and regulation (a word from the Second Amendment ignored by gun enthusiasts) a voting issue. I for one am tired of the NRA bullies having the last say.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - -

The usual lies from the dog-eared playbook. Around election time the Courier editorial cried about the new law, as did a guest opinion from the Dem state rep of Yardley, Pa...who absolutely wants illegal laws violating preemption to remain in force. This, from a rep who holds a law degree and in fact was a DA in Manhattan, and has recently announced intention of running for congress!!!
    Here is a would-be congressman who wants (and encourages others) in my opinion to ignore law.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Lies about NRA and gun law in local paper

You should probably post a link to the article in the original post.

(Bucks County)

It's a copy and paste. Tried to get an internet address, tried to get a url, unsuccessful.

Search Bucks County Courier Times, click on Opinion, scroll down to Bully
    Last edited by Bang; January 22nd, 2015 at 03:46 PM.

(Bucks County)

(Lancaster County)

From the tone of the article, one can assume that there's not a single lobbyist with the similar clout working on the left's side?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

I always check out some of the other links that go with these articles. On one of the links I found this gem uttered by Vladimir Wolf our new governor.

“My top priority as governor of Pennsylvania is to restore public trust in government," Wolf said. "I believe that elected leaders should be stewards of democracy and that we should be open, transparent, and accountable to the people of Pennsylvania.”
    What a ludicrous thing to say and should have just saved the time he took to say it.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I always check out some of the other links that go with these articles. On one of the links I found this gem uttered by Vladimir Wolf our new governor.

What a ludicrous thing to say and should have just saved the time he took to say it.
    Sounds a lot like what Obuma said.

(Bucks County)

I responded today via "The Vent":

To Sue Busch and ilk. Ever see a report that a shooter-killer was an NRA member? Believe me, it would be part of the headline were it the case.