Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Default If you post a classified - return once a day for PM's!

I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum.

I just want to get a point across to those posting Want to Sell. I have purchased a number of firearms through PAFOA. Unfortuantely, I have passed up on a few.

Why have I passed up on two firearms I flat out wanted? Because I never got a return PM from the seller. I have checked on the seller(s) visits after posting a Want to Sell - and have found that some don't return for weeks (in some cases). After waiting a few days (sometimes up to a week) I would just look elsewhere, find a firearm and leave the seller a PM saying I would have bought from them but couldn't wait any longer so I withdraw my offer.

Right now - I found another firearm I wanted and it has been a few days with no reply to my PM and the seller hasn't logged back in since he "relisted" the firearm.

Anyway - if you are selling a firearm - you may be losing a sale because you feel logging back in a week at a time is good enough.
    "A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 17th, 1790)
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!
    ..: TO SERVE AND PROTECT! Positive Stories :..

Default Re: If you post a classified - return once a day for PM's!

Same thing happened to be early last week. Seller has 2 firearms wants to see fast I sent him a PM less then 5 minutes after he posted and have heard nothing back. I did not include offers of any kind, I asked a few simple questions and requested PIC's be sent to my personal e-mail address as stated in the post.

Ohh well I guess.

(Chester County)

Might as well get my digs in here while on the topic of classifieds

POST PICS!!!

Move along, nothing to see here.....Back on topic!
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(York County)

I agree on the pictures not being listed. FWIW - you can go to View Public Profile and see when the seller last log'd in...
    Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office!

Not really even mandatory to log in here. PM's get delivered to email. Even if a buyer/seller quickly browses emails once a day they'll be good.

Though, as a frequent classifieds'er, if someone is throwing me ridiculous offers, I'm probably not going to respond.

(Delaware County)

It would also help if members would actually read the listing. Some adds specifically read, ''contact @ email address.''
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogpupkus View Post
    ...if someone is throwing me ridiculous offers, I'm probably not going to respond.
    Personally, I never throw out an offer - if I feel a firearm is way over priced (but I am seriously interested) I find just going back with "anyway of dropping the price a little for cash" seems to work some of the time. As far as "probably not going to respond" - that is a shame - it only takes a second to reply with "my price is firm." I wonder how many sales slide by because of a no reply. Anyway - that is just my opinion (as a buyer and not a seller) - and we know what my opinion is worth on PAFOA!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post
    It would also help if members would actually read the listing. Some adds specifically read, ''contact @ email address.''
    Again, my opinion is that of a buyer and not a seller - wonder how many sales are lost because the "buyer" missed the contact @ email and the seller has no intentions of swinging by and checking for PMs.

Quote Originally Posted by SauerGrapes View Post

Personally If you want to sell an item on a community message forum then the sale and agreement should be handled via PM's. I don't like giving my personal e-mail address out to just anyone and if you want to use this board just to advertise and not participate then go sell your shit on Craigs list , gunbroker, or at the local gun show.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Personally If you want to sell an item on a community message forum then the sale and agreement should be handled via PM's. I don't like giving my personal e-mail address out to just anyone and if you want to use this board just to advertise and not participate then go sell your shit on Craigs list , gunbroker, or at the local gun show.
    That's fine. Any adds that request correspondence by email, your free to ignore.
    Some of us have other things to do than spend our time constantly shooting our mouth off on yet, another gun board.

Since I'm participating in this thread, I'll assume your not referring to me. Not that I really care.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast