Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Need help in Lackwaxen Township!

Railroad ties can cause ricochets. I use nothing but clean dirt. There is no better back stop. If a neighbor claims they hear bullets whizzing over their house then you want to point to the nicest looking backstop imaginable to show you*re a responsible shooter.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    I use nothing but clean dirt. There is no better back stop.
    An argument could be made for sand...
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

If your township has a code enforcement office, that is who you would need to speak to. Since you mentioned PSP in two different posts, I guess you have no local P.D. at all. So PSP will most likely be no help at all, with the exception of stating, you have done nothing wrong.

Now if you want to jam up your neighbor, he actually did commit a crime. Here is what he did do.....

§ 4906. False reports to law enforcement authorities.

(a) Falsely incriminating another.--Except as provided in subsection (c), a person who knowingly gives false information to any law enforcement officer with intent to implicate another commits a misdemeanor of the second degree.

(b) Fictitious reports.--Except as provided in subsection (c), a person commits a misdemeanor of the third degree if he:

(1) reports to law enforcement authorities an offense or other incident within their concern knowing that it did not occur; or

(2) pretends to furnish such authorities with information relating to an offense or incident when he knows he has no information relating to such offense or incident.

(c) Grading.--

(1) If the violation of subsection (a) or (b) occurs during a declared state of emergency and the false report causes the resources of the law enforcement authority to be diverted from dealing with the declared state of emergency, the offense shall be graded one step greater than that set forth in the applicable subsection.

(2) If the violation of subsection (a) or (b) relates to a false report of the theft or loss of a firearm, as defined in section 5515 (relating to prohibiting of paramilitary training), the offense shall be graded one step greater than that set forth in the applicable subsection.

(June 28, 2002, P.L.481, No.82, eff. 60 days; Oct. 17, 2008, P.L.1628, No.131, eff. 60 days)

So if he want to play games, call back the PSP and speak to the Officer about his false reports to law enforcement, and file a FORMAL COMPLAINT.

NEPAmomma have you ever heard of a PAFOA group shoot? Perhaps you would like to host one. We, the collective PAFOA, have a vast variety of weapons. Groups shoot usually consist of bacon, bacon covered doughnuts, guns, lost of guns and bacon. I also have a Cabin in Pike and would be more that happy to come make some noise.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Chester County)

If your neighbor is a democrat, get louder guns.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    If your neighbor is a democrat, get louder guns.
    neighbors are outdoor sportsmen and havent seen any signs of anything but conservative around here [i could be wrong].

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Railroad ties can cause ricochets. I use nothing but clean dirt. There is no better back stop. If a neighbor claims they hear bullets whizzing over their house then you want to point to the nicest looking backstop imaginable to show you*re a responsible shooter.
    will think about dirt. thanks

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat View Post
    bumpski,

so, i measured on google maps, neighbor;s house is 400 feet away, have to cut down some trees to meet the 450 ft [150 yard] requirement to nearest structure [his house], before i can build a backstop.
    its a small property [9 acres]

railroad ties and what not should be sufficient?

lackawaxen website, not a lot of info there,
    reading from previous posts on this thread, looks like no regulations?
    if someone already has taken a trip there recently and any new info?

The long and short of it is: no one but the general assembly in Pennsylvania, with the exception of the game commission which is specifically restricted to rules for hunting, has any authority to regulate firearms.

This includes the discharge of them. You can do what you like on your own property.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    An argument could be made for sand...
    True, and the NRA also lists a fine grade of stone as an acceptable back stop in their range building manual but the grade escapes me right now. I say dirt is first choice simply due to the typical cost/availability.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    The long and short of it is: no one but the general assembly in Pennsylvania, with the exception of the game commission which is specifically restricted to rules for hunting, has any authority to regulate firearms.

This includes the discharge of them. You can do what you like on your own property.
    ^^^^THIS is the correct answer.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fatguyinalittlecoat

so, i measured on google maps, neighbor;s house is 400 feet away, have to cut down some trees to meet the 450 ft [150 yard] requirement to nearest structure [his house], before i can build a backstop.
    its a small property [9 acres]
    150 yds or 450 feet is the game commission safety zone for hunting. There is no requirement to be that far away for target shooting

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345