Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Need help in Lackwaxen Township!

Hi, new here Found this site last night and have been reading for hours but have yet to find an answer on here or any where on the internet. We're in Lackawaxen Township and are having a dispute with a neighbor regarding our target shooting on our property. The township office had no answers for us, and neither did the State Police. Does anyone here know how I can find out if there are any local ordinances for the township regarding discharging a firearm on private property and how I can get my hands on a copy?

I have a neighbor quoting statutes at me that I can't seem to find anywhere, and I think he is full of BS about it. He's also quoting NY law at me, which doesn't mean squat here. He's one of those fast talkers that just wants to confuse you by throwing out as much info as he possibly can in one sentence.

If there are no township regulations, what do I go by?

Thank you!
    NEPAMomma

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Need help in Lackwaxen Township!

Hi, love that area. Used to go up that way for my old job as a soda salesman. If no one can give you an answer, I'd go by the Game Commission rules for hunting. 150yds away from a building with adequate backstop. Tell the flatlander to mind his own business.
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAMomma View Post
    Hi, new here Found this site last night and have been reading for hours but have yet to find an answer on here or any where on the internet. We're in Lackawaxen Township and are having a dispute with a neighbor regarding our target shooting on our property. The township office had no answers for us, and neither did the State Police. Does anyone here know how I can find out if there are any local ordinances for the township regarding discharging a firearm on private property and how I can get my hands on a copy?

I have a neighbor quoting statutes at me that I can't seem to find anywhere, and I think he is full of BS about it. He's also quoting NY law at me, which doesn't mean squat here. He's one of those fast talkers that just wants to confuse you by throwing out as much info as he possibly can in one sentence.

Thank you!
    NEPAMomma
    Only advice I can give would be to contact the township office and ask for a copy of the local ordinances without specifying what you're specifically looking for (an anti-2A clerk may say theres an ordinance against it even if there isn't.)
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Chester County)

This stumped my Google-fu. You're gonna have to go to the township building and ask for a copy of the ordinances.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Pike County)

Thanks everyone. I'll have to take a ride over there this week and get my hands on what ever they have.

By the way, Loving the site!

(Wayne County)

What did the cops have to say to you about it?

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusGuy View Post
    What did the cops have to say to you about it?
    The trooper actually said she had no idea, and would have to look it up in her book, but she never got back to us with an answer.

(Blair County)

I would not go by the Game Laws, you're not hunting. If the Twp. has no laws, and it most likely does not, the State Public Nuisance or Risking a Catastrophe laws might apply. Is your backstop safe?, how far is the neighbors property? Do you shoot at reasonable hours?
    Steve

(Wayne County)

I do not mean to be rude but tell the tool from NY to go Screw. If he does not like you shooting he should move back to NY. As far as I know there is no town ordinance about the discharging of firearms it may have a noise ordinance but they usually have specific time slots mentioned.

Mike Mc

(Pike County)

Talking Re: Need help in Lackwaxen Township!

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAMomma View Post

Thank you!
    NEPAMomma
    for real? in what part?,where I live I can shoot all sunday long in my backyard and no one says nothing,like a year ago I had a neighbor who called the cops on me a sunday morning,we spent a brick of 22's at least,and if you call the cops there it takes almost an hour to get there,I spoke with the officer,he walk with me to the backyard(almost by the train tracks,he saw the weapons ammo,chairs and table,plus our targets like 100 yards down,he said it was completely ok,it was a nice set up,private property,and since it was sunday afternoon I wasn't bothering nobody,he even gave us a jeep jack for my friend who has a jeep,if you are target shooting in private property with a proper backstop for bullets and houses aren't like together is ok,our two nwighbors are like 200 yards from my yard...
    "one loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them." Thomas Jefferson in a letter to George Washington 6/19/1796glockguy68...shoot safe...NRA member...US infidel...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast