Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Need help in Lackwaxen Township!

NEPA Momma - Welcome to the forums! I don't think you should worry about disturbing your NY neighbor. It's your property. You can do as you wish.

We're having a group shoot the first week in August. Check the Pike county section..however, it's actually happening outside of Honesdale.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Luzerne County)

Lightbulb For More Noise, Upgrade to a Rifle!

If you really want to aggravate that tool, upgrade your experience to a nice .223 Remington, 5.56×45mm NATO, .30-06 Springfield, or some other loud beauty of a rifle. Besides, not using your wonderful range to its fullest potential would be a shame!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: For More Noise, Upgrade to a Rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by JCWohlschlag View Post
    If you really want to aggravate that tool, upgrade your experience to a nice .223 Remington, 5.56×45mm NATO, .30-06 Springfield, or some other loud beauty of a rifle. Besides, not using your wonderful range to its fullest potential would be a shame!
    +1 my vote is for a Mosin Nagant M44 or M38 there are nice and loud.

(Monroe County)

You could check the zoning ordinances but my guess is if they had any type of restriction it would fall under a nuisance ordinance. Go pick up a copy of the ordinances and start reading. If he can`t prove any lead is landing his way then the noise ordinance may restrict the times of your shooting.

(Susquehanna County)

Talking Re: Need help in Lackwaxen Township!

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAMomma View Post
    The backstop is a natural ledge that goes up over 20 feet above our heads. No way is a bullet getting out of there. The new neighbor is now 200 feet from us, his house was only built 2 years ago, which is why we never had a problem before he moved in. I'd also like to add that the only reason he is having a problem with us shooting is because I asked him to turn his radio down last week because it was blasting across the road, and I could hear it in my house. He then called the State Police on me to try to find out if I was harassing him. So the next day when he started blasting music my husband decided to target shoot a bit both relax and make some noise of his own. The trooper showed up 3 hours later, saying the guy wants to file a complaint that my husband was in our driveway shooting holes in the ground and blasting rocks apart. We showed her where we shoot, showed her the targets, and she left saying it was her opinion that we were responsible people and weren't causing him any danger as we were no where near him and have a safe shooting area. We even showed her the driveway so she could see there were no holes in it.

What I find to be the most annoying part is that this same neighbor was shooting a firearm into the air on New Year's Eve and was setting off huge fireworks on the 4th that the pieces were falling in my yard and on my property. So he can behave like an idiot and get away with it, but he is going to try to jam us up when we act responsibly?

Sorry to rant, we're just fed up with having to bend our lives around to suit a jerk.

Sounds like a group shoot is in order at NEPAMomma's house Welcome to the board Momma!

Keep safe
    DC

(Berks County)

Dammit, DC, you took my words!

Group shoot would be a blast! Nothing more lovely to noise-hating neighbors than the sound of an AK gobbling up a 75 round drum.

(York County)

Just ignore the NY trash and go about your life. Feel free to use your PRIVATE property any way you wish as long as you are not endangering anyone. After a short while, the cops will stop coming also, after they realize your neighbor is a nutcase.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

(Northumberland County)

Welcome to the forums, momma!

I agree... its your property - do what you want (as long as no one is in danger, which is sounds like you have a pretty good setup.)

Personally, I would call that Trooper back and see if she can file False Reports to a Law Enforcement Agency against your asshat of a neighbor. PA Title 18, chapter 49, section 4906a.

"CHAPTER 49. FALSIFICATION AND INTIMIDATION
    Subchapter A - Perjury And Falsification In Official Matters
    § 4906. False reports to law enforcement authorities.
    (a) Falsely incriminating another.--A person who knowingly gives false information to any law enforcement officer with intent to implicate another commits a misdemeanor of the second degree.

(b) Fictitious reports.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the third degree if he:

reports to law enforcement authorities an offense or other incident within their concern knowing that it did not occur; or
    pretends to furnish such authorities with information relating to an offense or incident when he knows he has no information relating to such offense or incident."

He said you were shooting holes in your driveway when you obviously werent... that seems to me to be a false report.

Show HIM you know PA law, because his "knowldge" is as worthless as a thumb growing out of your foreheard.
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?

(Dauphin County)

This is why I hang out with the brain trust here on PAFOA, just when you think a topic is wrapped up someone comes up with an angle that mkes you go hmmmmm. The law cuts both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepro8 View Post
    Welcome to the forums, momma!

I agree... its your property - do what you want (as long as no one is in danger, which is sounds like you have a pretty good setup.)

Personally, I would call that Trooper back and see if she can file False Reports to a Law Enforcement Agency against your asshat of a neighbor. PA Title 18, chapter 49, section 4906a.

"CHAPTER 49. FALSIFICATION AND INTIMIDATION
    Subchapter A - Perjury And Falsification In Official Matters
    § 4906. False reports to law enforcement authorities.
    (a) Falsely incriminating another.--A person who knowingly gives false information to any law enforcement officer with intent to implicate another commits a misdemeanor of the second degree.

(b) Fictitious reports.--A person commits a misdemeanor of the third degree if he:

reports to law enforcement authorities an offense or other incident within their concern knowing that it did not occur; or
    pretends to furnish such authorities with information relating to an offense or incident when he knows he has no information relating to such offense or incident."

He said you were shooting holes in your driveway when you obviously werent... that seems to me to be a false report.

Show HIM you know PA law, because his "knowldge" is as worthless as a thumb growing out of your foreheard.

(Pike County)

Thanks all I have to say, you all are a bunch of really nice people

Township enforcement guy was out today, I showed him where we shoot, he said its fine in his opinion as well, so I'm pretty happy. We have an AR15, so I think the noise is adequate, lol.

I'll check out the group shoot for this area.

ETA - good point about filing the false report. We'll have to see if we can get anything from the SP that shows what he said. Now you've got my wheels turning.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast