Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default new restaurant oc friendly

New restaurant opened in the poconos called pub 199. Its got crazy low prices for steak, lobster, king Crab legs, clams and your everyday hot and cold sandwiches. 20oz. Strip steak for $13 with baked potato and green beans. Strip steak with two dozen steamed clams $19.95. Two dozen steamed clams $10. And all kinds of combos for steak and sea food. They have two other restaurants in nj. One in allamuchy (hackettstown area)pub 517 and one in the lake hopacong area. The whole pa business is new to them. Went in OC their third night opened and no problems. Manager/owner was sitting across bar with straight view to dining area and saw him staring at my hip and my 1911. This week went back again for a sandwich and again no issues. Check this place out. No plastic.only cash. They seem to have known pa gun laws or looked them up fast when they saw me carry. if ya get there enjoy!

Default Re: new restaurant oc friendly

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    New restaurant opened in the poconos called pub 199. Its got crazy low prices for steak, lobster, king Crab legs, clams and your everyday hot and cold sandwiches. 20oz. Strip steak for $13 with baked potato and green beans. Strip steak with two dozen steamed clams $19.95. Two dozen steamed clams $10. And all kinds of combos for steak and sea food. They have two other restaurants in nj. One in allamuchy (hackettstown area)pub 517 and one in the lake hopacong area. The whole pa business is new to them. Went in OC their third night opened and no problems. Manager/owner was sitting across bar with straight view to dining area and saw him staring at my hip and my 1911. This week went back again for a sandwich and again no issues. Check this place out. No plastic.only cash. They seem to have known pa gun laws or looked them up fast when they saw me carry. if ya get there enjoy!

Hey Joe, got an address? Google only has the NJ location that i can see. Thanks for the heads up!

(Philadelphia County)

Great prices?

This too shall pass....

Enjoy while you can.
    God Bless America and pass the ammunition!

(Monroe County)

http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/forum...-199-pa-2.html

Too close to the bridge. It will become Pub 517 west. Prices aren't too bad though.

(Monroe County)

Price I dont think will come to pass. I know pub 517 in jersey from eating there and doing gigs there the prices have stayed the same for years. Cash only! And draft beer is not cheap. But to eat and have one beer or soft drink its worth it. Its on rt 447 in east stroudsburg. Its about a mile from weiss markets on 209 in east stroudsburg. My point is decent food at fair prices and its a branch of a nj restaurant that did not have a "oh shit" moment seeing open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by poconojoe View Post
    Price I dont think will come to pass. I know pub 517 in jersey from eating there and doing gigs there the prices have stayed the same for years. Cash only! And draft beer is not cheap. But to eat and have one beer or soft drink its worth it. Its on rt 447 in east stroudsburg. Its about a mile from weiss markets on 209 in east stroudsburg. My point is decent food at fair prices and its a branch of a nj restaurant that did not have a "oh shit" moment seeing open carry.
    Jeez Joe, with directions like that you must have been an officer, no?

(Monroe County)

ha..ha....no
    Okay, its on Rt 447 right off of rt 80 west. Marshalls Creek exit. As soon as you get off of rt 80 its the first left ONTO rt 447 NORTH. Pub 199 is on your right. If you go another mile or so you come to business 209 with a Wendys on the corner and Weiss market across the street. It is right next to Terra Green golf course, a small 9 hole course I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    Jeez Joe, with directions like that you must have been an officer, no?

(Montgomery County)

I've been to Pub 199 in Mt. Arlington, NJ quite a few times and I can say, without a doubt, it's AMAZING. The owner of the restaurant owns a clam farm, so customers benefit from economies of scale.

The steaks are great and ridiculously cheap, and a full lobster with two dozen clams for like $22 is just unheard of. Also, the best tasting lobster I've ever had. Hands down.

I'm not surprised at all they are OC friendly. The restaurant in NJ has tons of stuffed big game animals that the owner himself hunted (I think). Definitely a place that should be getting our business!

(Bucks County)

According to their Facebook page, the address is 5005 Poole Road East Stroudsburg PA Phone - 570-730-4699

Smile Re: new restaurant oc friendly

I am definitley in for a visit to this new addition to the Poconos,Thanks Joe for the info. MDT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast