Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Obola's EPA tries again to ban lead ammo..$%&&^

Ban the EPA an the other alphabet agencies that are out of control. We'd be a better country for it.

I can remember the early 70s, We need to curtail the EPA's powers, but they HAVE made huge impacts on cleaner air, land and water.
    When I was a kid Lake Erie was called the Dead Lake because it was so polluted nothing could survive there. Detroit harbor would catch fire from time to time Now its one of the best walleye fisheries in the nation (with dietary restrictions on amounts of fish you can eat due to PCBs). I can remember the smog and pollution, Massive fish kills in Lake Micigan, dead alewives so thick on the beaches you couldn't get into the water. The smell was quite impressive. The factories and steel mills pumping out so much smog it was hard to breathe in the winter sometimes, the air was literally brown. There were algae blooms in lakes and ponds from fertilizer runoff that would make the surfaces look like a finely manicured putting green. pretty much everything under the surface would die off due to the oxygen depletion. I remember The Love Canal scandal.
    The good old days weren't quite so good for the environment.
    We poke at the Chinese for their screwed up pollution, we were no different in the 60s and 70s, we are still paying for the lack of oversight on some of the worst polluters to this day.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; January 15th, 2015 at 10:26 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Those things are horrible. I watched a youtube video of a condor getting whacked by one. It was sad.
    The Obama administration has opened up a new front in its war on America’s eagles. For years, the president has relied on wind turbines to orchestrate his eco-genocide. Biologists estimate that wind farms kill as many as 328,000 birds each year by chopping them out of the sky.

http://freebeacon.com/blog/the-obama...ut-of-control/
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    I can remember the early 70s, We need to curtail the EPA's powers, but they HAVE made huge impacts on cleaner air, land and water.
    When I was a kid Lake Erie was called the Dead Lake because it was so polluted nothing could survive there. Detroit harbor would catch fire from time to time Now its one of the best walleye fisheries in the nation (with dietary restrictions on amounts of fish you can eat due to PCBs). I can remember the smog and pollution, Massive fish kills in Lake Micigan, dead alewives so thick on the beaches you couldn't get into the water. The smell was quite impressive. The factories and steel mills pumping out so much smog it was hard to breathe in the winter sometimes, the air was literally brown. There were algae blooms in lakes and ponds from fertilizer runoff that would make the surfaces look like a finely manicured putting green. pretty much everything under the surface would die off due to the oxygen depletion. I remember The Love Canal scandal.
    The good old days weren't quite so good for the environment.
    We poke at the Chinese for their screwed up pollution, we were no different in the 60s and 70s, we are still paying for the lack of oversight on some of the worst polluters to this day.
    The EPA does fill an important role. The problem is they like all government agencies are too succeptible to being controlled by the agenda of political factions and monied interests.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    The Obama administration has opened up a new front in its war on America’s eagles. For years, the president has relied on wind turbines to orchestrate his eco-genocide. Biologists estimate that wind farms kill as many as 328,000 birds each year by chopping them out of the sky.

http://freebeacon.com/blog/the-obama...ut-of-control/
    That is sick. Anything to destroy america. I wonder what his voters think about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12