Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XD-45 Holsters

(Allegheny County)

Default XD-45 Holsters

Can anyone recommend something comfortable for both conceal carry and also open carry? Pros and cons of different types of holsters would be appreciated as I'm new to the 45.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: XD-45 Holsters

Quote Originally Posted by unloved View Post
    That link takes me to a page that says "This product is no longer available from our catalog"

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Cambria County)

For concealed carry I would like to recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck. I love mine. I carry an XD subcompact in it and I forget it is on my hip. Very comfortable and hides the firearm wonderfully. These pics are of a full size XD that I have in the holster. It comes with different clips if you want something more hidden. I haven't had anyone notice this holster on me yet.

This is mine with what the call the combat cut. It allows a bit easier access to the grip. But slightly reduces comfort.

Top view of the Supertuck

View of gun on my hip inside my pants. You can see how nicely it rides against the body.

pic of my fullsize XD in the supertuck
    Last edited by Mtbkski; July 8th, 2008 at 01:48 PM.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Bucks County)

I use one of these http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4204&C=C0891 for carrying my XD .45 concealed. I've had it for about six months now and I'm quite happy with it. I don't carry openly yet, but a lot of people here seem to like these http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4105&C=C1387 for OC.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    That link takes me to a page that says "This product is no longer available from our catalog"
    Oops, sorry. I must have screwed up somewhere. Let me see if I can fix it.

ETA: I deleted the bad link. See Post #4 for the correct one.
    Last edited by unloved; July 8th, 2008 at 02:02 PM.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post
    For concealed carry I would like to recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck. I love mine. I carry an XD subcompact in it and I forget it is on my hip. Very comfortable and hides the firearm wonderfully. These pics are of a full size XD that I have in the holster. It comes with different clips if you want something more hidden. I haven't had anyone notice this holster on me yet.

This is mine with what the call the combat cut. It allows a bit easier access to the grip. But slightly reduces comfort.

Top view of the Supertuck

View of gun on my hip inside my pants. You can see how nicely it rides against the body.

pic of my fullsize XD in the supertuck
    Supertuck is a great holster, I have one for my USP, only problem is the USP is to damn big... anyone wanna trade for one for a 1911?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the recommendations.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtbkski View Post

How easily can a shirt be tucked with a holser like this. I generally always have my shirt tucked in. I was looking for CC holsers for both my XD and also my Bersa Model 83 .380 . Currently I have an old soft IWB for the Bersa and have carried it at the small of my back. I'm right handed so I asume for SOB carry it would be considered a LH holster? I'm open to any and all suggestions for both firearms even if it is not SOB.

Thanks
    Last edited by FFEMT128; July 22nd, 2008 at 07:13 AM.

It's not a great concealment rig but if you want to open carry I would recommend the Safariland ALS I have one for my sig and love it. It is a very fast rig that also offers a level of retention. I haven't specifically looked for the XD but they should have one.

(Allegheny County)

I forgot to mention, I did purchase the Blackhawk Serpta for OC purposes. Waiting for it to come in. I realize the XD may be large for CC but sometimes it may be nice and as I stated I usually always have shirt tucked, even T-shirts. Winter is no prob with having over garments on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast