Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Move to disarm Chester County Park Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Its county level. Let sheriff deputies handle it.
    Except for Allegheny County, sheriff's deputies in Pennsylvania do not have general arrest powers.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    What flavor was the Kool-Aid at the government run indoctrination center...err public school... you went to? The one where the nice unionized teachers taught you to worship the religion of the state and to idolize the costumed badge wearers?
    ...because Forks Township has lots of great private schools that make you smarter than all of us unfortunate public school idiots.

(Berks County)

From their Facebook page:

The mission of the Chester County Park Rangers is to ensure visitors to our parks and trails have a quality experience. Currently, nine armed regional park rangers are sworn officers of the county and enforce park ordinances while maintaining credentials and ongoing training in emergency medical response, biannual firearms qualifications, wildlife conservation law, fish and boat regulations, educational programming, water rescue, and natural resource skills such as prescribed wildfire burns.

Approximately twenty part time, unarmed non-enforcement, rangers provide visitor services and educational programming...

So are the two new rangers the first full time unarmed rangers? Part-time unarmed rangers? Or is the County planning on making all the rangers unarmed?

Since the Facebook pages states the rangers are there "enforce park ordinances"; and when one does not follow the rules they will probably be issued a citation with a monetary fine.

One interesting observation from the Chester County Park Rangers FB page is if you look at the photos posted you will notice that the armed rangers are not wearing bullet proof vests. If their task is so dangerous that they need to carry guns at work, for "safety", one would hope they would wear a ballistic vest too. I think this is more of an ego thing, than a safety thing, since they can do their job without the need or more importantly the requirement to wear a ballistic vest.
    Yes, two of nine are unarmed and do the same job as the other seven. The other seven are armed and have body armor. The part-time park rangers have been unarmed for at least nine or ten years. prior to that tome, all Chester County park rangers were armed.

Fulltime park rangers can issue non-traffic summary citations, but rarely do (or did when I was there).

I have no idea what the intention of the Facility and Parks administration is, but dominos that they [the administration] are anti-gun.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    ...because Forks Township has lots of great private schools that make you smarter than all of us unfortunate public school idiots.
    I went to public school in the Norristown Area School District, not private school. I also do not think any government employee is responsible for keeping me or anyone else safe. More Importantly the US Supreme Court has said so on at least three occasions.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnpsu View Post
    Yes, two of nine are unarmed and do the same job as the other seven. The other seven are armed and have body armor. The part-time park rangers have been unarmed for at least nine or ten years. prior to that tome, all Chester County park rangers were armed.

Fulltime park rangers can issue non-traffic summary citations, but rarely do (or did when I was there).

I have no idea what the intention of the Facility and Parks administration is, but dominos that they [the administration] are anti-gun.
    Here are a few photos from the Chester County Park Ranger's Facebook page documenting that the armed rangers are not wearing body armor.

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...28873152_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...02500877_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...47223206_o.jpg

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...63643244_o.jpg

Again I will state if their job is so unsafe they feel the need to carry a gun at work, why not also wear body armor.

(Dauphin County)

Here are a few photos from the Chester County Park Ranger's Facebook page documenting that the armed rangers are not wearing body armor.

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...28873152_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...02500877_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...47223206_o.jpg

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...63643244_o.jpg

Again I will state if their job is so unsafe they feel the need to carry a gun at work, why not also wear body armor.
    If the world is so unsafe that you feel the need to carry a gun outside your house, why not also wear body armor?
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Chester County)

I also do not think any government employee is responsible for keeping me or anyone else safe.
    Local LE yes, although since the US military are government employees, where do you stand on them protecting you from Putin, Jinping, Kim Jong-un, Rouhani, Assad, ISIS...?

(Bucks County)

Disarm the Chester County Rangers? What a fantastic start! Of course, I'd like to see ALL local level LEO's unarmed. At least until they have proven they can be trusted with guns. You know we have far too many dogs, grannies, and kids being shot DAILY!!

In case you were wondering, YES, I'm kidding!! To a certain extent. sort of. Well, ok, I am a little serious about exploring the idea. Also, let's publish their home addresses AFTER they have two complaints of being bullies or trampling civilians rights, or after a shoot that is viewed by the public (the nice respectable public, not some gummint check-cashing mob) to be questionable.

Did I miss anything?

Will never happen.
    Government never shrinks or gives up its power.
    Personally I think they should be disarmed. The less agents of government walking around with power over my life the better.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post

Did I miss anything?
    Obama is the anti Christ

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast