Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Guns

(Philadelphia County)

Default Ghost Guns

I just came across this interesting show on the Nat Geo cable channel.It is part of their Undercover series and it covers different aspects of the illegal gun trade including the manufacture of replicas or clones in the jungles of the Philipines.Thought some of you might also find it interesting.

Default Re: Ghost Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Thought some of you might also find it interesting.
    no

gotto get 10

if its what i think you are referring to, i might have caught a portion of it (as much as i could stomach) did the chick reporter go to a gun show to see how many guns she could buy with out a background check, and walked out with a S&W 500 mag? then alter buy a barrett 50 cal out of a dudes garage?

(Philadelphia County)

^No,this was not that show.

(Allegheny County)

I watched it last night and it was pretty good. It showed the criminal aspect of how the scum bags get their hands on a gun. Ghost gun referred to an untraceable not used in a crime gun. A $600 gun we can buy in a gun store costs as much as $2,200 on the street. A gun that is dirty and has a history can drop to $150-$175. No criminal wants to get caught with one of these guns because he is looking at more trouble than he can talk his way out of. Example over the last ten years four people were murdered with a gun, no one wants to touch it. You get caught holding that gun you're at the top of the list as the prime suspect. These guns are usually smuggled out of the country and become clean guns once they cross the boarder into say south America.

As far as they were indicating how criminals acquire clean guns through straw purchasers at gun shows as well as gun shops. It was strongly pointed out that this practice is illegal. I wouldn't say it was Anti but more of how it really is. They even emphasized that when you have very restrictive gun laws as does California it creates an instant market for illegal purchases of firearms even by law abiding citizens.

(Philadelphia County)

Yes that's the show,glad someone else saw it.

I watched that too, amazing how it traveled around the world. I thought the external appearance did not look bad for being cast in the jungle.. I could only imagine the internals though with no repetition.. talk about hard to find parts...LOL

Could imagine the work that family could find on the legal side in gunsmithing here in the US?
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by tollster View Post
    I watched that too, amazing how it traveled around the world. I thought the external appearance did not look bad for being cast in the jungle.. I could only imagine the internals though with no repetition.. talk about hard to find parts...LOL

Could imagine the work that family could find on the legal side in gunsmithing here in the US?
    Yeah thats pretty impressive work considering those clone guns were cobbled together in some jungle camp with hand tools.Ive heard that that kind of thing is also done under similar conditions in Pakistan.

(Bucks County)

It is next airing: SAT JAN 10 8PM ET.

I remember watching a program where a half blind bare foot man in his 50's was making AK-47's in a dirt hut in one of the 'Stans country. It was pretty amazing to watch.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Bucks County)

I just watch the program. I don't understand why the criminal dealers need to get the ghost guns from out of the country. You could make your own using 80% blanks and have less of a people trail. Or could take a "hot gun" or "burner gun"(the programs calls it this) and clean them. New barrels, firing pins and extractors and the guns would have a new ballistic and spent shell fingerprint.
    IMHO the program had an undertone of anti's It never comes out and says if we had new gun laws across the whole US you could stop this problem, but it is implied. Just another gunploitation tv program disguised as a news topic program.
    Oh and the .45's are not cast, they are assembled in pieces and then welded together and the welds are then filed down.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast