Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default bad shipping situation, need advice

So I've never ordered from DSG Arms before but thought I'd give them a whirl. I saw some good reviews on here and they had what I couldn't find anywhere else in stock.
    I ordered a Noveske KX5 last Tuesday. I got an order confirmation as usual. I didn't get a shipping email so I emailed yesterday when I saw they were now backordered. They emailed today saying it was delivered and gave a tracking number. Sure enough when I checked it said delivered. When I get home and the box was here. I ate dinner and then opened the box. It was EMPTY!! I then look the box over and there is a stamp on the label that says it was received in Harrisburg with no contents. I feel sick to my stomach. I emailed DSG but won't here back until tomorrow. Somebody reassure me its going to be OK. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    AJ

Default Re: bad shipping situation, need advice

I don't know about advice but, Id be pissed.

(Montgomery County)

Calm down, wait until tomorrow and discuss calmly with customer service. Treat the customer service rep reasonably and ask for a manager if you do not getthe assistance you need. Continue to escalate to the next level of management calmly if yiu do not get resolution.

Stay calm and carry on.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Chester County)

Holy shit AJ... I have rage just reading your post. Gonna go get another lager and try and calm down. Please keep us posted.

I'd point at the carrier in this situation.

We received a half-opened package at work containing what we had ordered and more once.

The company we ordered from didn't carry the extra products that were stuffed inside the box.

Turns out a few boxes got ripped open, and the carrier haphazardly just started stuffing the loose products into random boxes.

Tried to contact the carrier, they offered no help. Ended up with some freebies, couldn't do much.

I'm sure they'll be willing to help. Sit tight for now, and maybe prepare for a phone call to the carrier.

If all else fails and you paid with a credit card, take it up with the cc company.

(Franklin County)

Thanks for the replies, good and bad. I'm not necessarily pissed, just worried. I won't get heated and make demands until I hear from the highest up I can talk to at DSG and USPS and they say there's nothing to be done and suck it up. I've had more bad experiences with USPS than good. UPS and FedEx have always been good. This is the one possibility that I don't like about mail order. Everything has always worked out in the end, just usually have to jump through hoops and call my neighbors. That won't work this time!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Holy shit AJ... I have rage just reading your post. Gonna go get another lager and try and calm down. Please keep us posted.
    I'd drink one with ya!!

I had to go gluten free and lactose free so a beer is out of the question. I might have to have some apple pie though

(Northampton County)

The carrier has documented it had no contents by the time it got to you. Somebody should make it good. Might be a pain, but no use worrying now. This is pretty much the best outcome in these situations.

(Luzerne County)

If you received the package and it had a sticker on it stating that the box was empty then I would think it is either up to the carrier or seller to make this right. It is obvious that the carrier either opened the box or damaged it somehow that they could see inside that it was empty. If all else fails, fight it with your credit card. I am interested to see how this turns out as I have never heard of a carrier just dropping off an empty box with a label on it and leaving the ball in your court.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast