Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Rumor I just heard

Guys,

My daughter just called me with a question. We are planning to get her LTCF in the next few weeks, as she wants to start carrying for self defense.

I am not one that believes rumors easily, but she told me she just heard that to get her carry permit in 2015, that the PA laws had changed and that it would now cost $100 and require a class before the permit would be issued.

I assured her that this was not the case, and that if they tried this it would require a law being passed and Harrisburg would be inundated with angry gun owners.

Has anyone else heard this? I am sure it's just a rumor, but I want to make sure I have my facts straight also.
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Rumor I just heard

I am sure this would have been mentioned many times before now.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Northampton County)

It would require a law, it would have been noticed by several people and organizations that report here, and it hasn't come up. We would have known before it even got out of committee, not after the fact. I'd say 95%+ chance it's baloney.

It is possible there is a bill out there for something like this (there are dozens of anti-gun bills out there at any moment) that currently has no chance of going anywhere.

(Bucks County)

^^^ this. They have a name for legislative proposals destined for the round file. Forget what they're called.

Total BS.

More liberal masturbation.
    FUCK BIDEN

Sounds like wv
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Westmoreland County)

Sounds just like that: a "rumor". I just renewed my LTCF in Westmoreland on 1/2/15, and the cost was $20. Same procedure as it has always been.
    But who knows, there could be some politicians currently trying to push such a law.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Lackawanna County)

Please Note: The poster was issued an infraction for this post.

I know most on this forum cringe at the thought of compromise, but here' same thought...

$50 for a mandatory rudimentary gun safety course...maybe even a qualification (8 of ten shots on an 8 inch target at 15 feet) in exchange for no charge for an LTCF including renewals (or make it a one time application...expires when you die). Military, veterans, and others who have had training through their work could be exempt from the course.

The $50 would be an actual savings if coupled with no cost for the permit. Now, it costs $20 each time. Plus, many of us would be exempt from the course anyway.

The reason I think this might be a good idea is I work with a guy who carries. The other day, I asked him how often he gets to the range with his gun. His response was "40 times". I was surprised, and asked how long it takes him to get to the range "40 times". He corrected my misunderstanding...apparently, he only shot his gun a total of 40 times. I've offered to go to the range with him by offering him being able to try out some of my collection. He has no time for it.

I know we can not legislate responsible gun ownership/carry, but I'm sure he is not alone. I'm guessing there are plenty of people out there carrying who, if faced with a SD scenario, would hurt themselves, others, or perhaps just shit their pants.

Flame on if you must, but what are your thoughts as responsible gun owners/carriers when you come across people who carry but really make you uneasy with their doing so. I mean if you see unsafe gun handling at a range, it is generally immediately (and appropriately so) addressed. However, when it comes to carry, we fight for everyone's right to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I know most on this forum cringe at the thought of compromise, but here' same thought...
    ~snip~

Shouldn't you be more concerned about getting the next ultra liberal communist gun grabber elected, while making the rest of the state work harder at keeping the aspects of the 2A you claim to support?
    FUCK BIDEN

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Shouldn't you be more concerned about getting the next ultra liberal communist gun grabber elected, while making the rest of the state work harder at keeping the aspects of the 2A you claim to support?
    No, that's just what your side of the aisle tells you about everyone on my side. BTW, I don't think everyone on your side of the aisle is a stark raving lunatic like many on my side believe.

Thanks for the ad hominem attack rather than actually discussing what you do when you cross a person with his/her LTCF without any preparation for using a firearm, but I still have faith there are non-Democrats who can intellectually discuss a topic.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast