Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Anyone here ever camo painted their firearm?

Been kicking the idea around some, but tend to get very involved, or as my wife would say.."fussy".
    It looks like there is plenty of good info on the web.. found this;
    https://www.google.com/search?q=airb...AUoAQ&dpr=1.25

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=94249

http://www.bulldogarms.com/
    I like their extreme digital, only thinking a reverse color fishnet would be a nice kicker..

https://www.google.com/search?q=LCW+...oe=&gws_rd=ssl

And have a few tupper ware stocks to tool around with.. Honestly, I have that Mossy ATR 100 I would like to paint, but thinking, paint the barrel and receiver too.. not worried about resale. I used to paint tee shirts on the beach... years, and years back. I have 3 or 4 Iwata double actions, and compressor, so I can bypass the rattle can, but little experience with metals.
    It looks like dura coat would be the best stuff.. just putting this out there, simply because I find my time to be one of the best tools I have..

Not expecting a lot of replies on this one... but ya never know..

One of the cooler one I saw online.. This one appears to have the scale outline reversed against the base color, but then the artist shaded each scale, which can be very time consuming..

Last edited by tollster; December 31st, 2014 at 11:32 PM.
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Anyone here ever camo painted their firearm?

No and that is a hell no. I have nice stuff.

But I am going to camo dip my CVA optima

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    No and that is a hell no. I have nice stuff.

But I am going to camo dip my CVA optima

I'v'e seen some nice dips, but most of the dips seem picture or theme oriented, but hear they are durable. I like walnut and grain, and don't think I'll be painting my lazer mark anytime soon, but feel I can do anything better than a black plastic, granted I have seen some cheesy paint work too, but, like everything else, it all come does to your ability and time in it.

(Chester County)

Except for evil black (SHTF) rifles/shotguns, I'm old school and prefer wood furniture. The rifle in the picture looks very cool though.

(Schuylkill County)

Don't feel I'm talented enough to pull off anything decent. Did have a youth 410 Mossberg dipped several years ago for my grandson. Was before they offered it in a camo finish so I bought the gun in black with a nice shiny gold trigger. Had it dipped and painted. it looks good. The paint job in the pic looks real good, but like I said I don't believe I'm artistic enough to pull that off. If you have the talent, equipment and a spare stock laying around I say go for it.

(Beaver County)

Here's a pic of my AR in a type of camo. Next to it is my color filled Beowulf. Sorry about not resizing. I cut and pasted the photo link from somewhere else. This camo scheme is based off of the new tiger stripe camo. For a bench gun shades of white and gray were good but if it was a hunting gun I would have went with more earth tones.

Last edited by DucatiRon; January 1st, 2015 at 08:48 AM.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

I say hell yeah do it up. Its your gun do what you want with your property. My best was my wife's .22wmr. Box magazine bolt marlin. Shoots like a dream. I bought it for $100. I went to HDpot bought some cammo krylon and then went to Michaels and got some stencils of butterflies, dragonflies etc and made the cammo out of the stencils. I gave it to her with extra magazines, a decent sling, put a 3X9 scope and a bipod on it.

Its her Bug Out Gun. She was thrilled. And the .22 wmr is nice to shoot too.

I have done several others, different patterns, I keep it simple and not too much paint. You can always take it off with some thinner.
    Practice on a piece of cardboard. That snake pattern isnt too hard, I think theres a video on youtube. I saw one guy did the diamond pattern of a rattlesnake that looked really cool. you can use regular leaves like maple and outline them then go back and hand paint them in lincoln green
    I have been re cammoing bows, tree stands, my mountain bike I use for bowhunting etc. Its just to break up the outline and blend it in with the background so it doesnt stick out to people passing by on hiking trails. This keeps the thieving of tree stands to a minimum, and harassment by tree huggers.
    Last edited by bigandy1966; January 1st, 2015 at 08:58 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lawrence County)

I like the snakeskin look, the guy did a nice job. Did he happen to show a picture of the bottom? I'd like to see how he seamed the netting. That would be the hardest part I think.

(Clarion County)

Used the "sponge" method on this old barn gun.

How to: http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.htm...=321800&page=1
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    I like the snakeskin look, the guy did a nice job. Did he happen to show a picture of the bottom? I'd like to see how he seamed the netting. That would be the hardest part I think.
    He didn't show the bottom, I found the thread buried in an airbrush forum, and it was 3 pages, maybe 4. I was hoping to see some of the set up myself, but he never shared it, and the post was 4 years old..
    I did see someone used real French stockings, when gave it a more realistic scale, and it constricted and grew where it needed too.
    One guy just reversed the base colors on the, like he did a tiger stripe base, then slipped the net on, and just reversed the stripe colors.. light, to dark and visa versa.. looked simple, and clean, made the netting pop in earth tones.. but still would maintain the inconspicuous look.. I liked it..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast