Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Mountain Lion sighting

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    There are no mountain lions in Pennsylvania.

The eastern cougars died out in the early part of the 20th century with the exception of the "Florida Panthers" in the Everglades. Those would have died out in the 1980's and 1990's had not wildlife officials introduced western cougars into the population.

So you have the western cougar which has been expanding it's range to the east. But they are not here yet. How do I know? Because any state where there are cougars, there is sign and no one in PA has been able to find any despite the large amount of hunters and outdoorsman in PA. In any other state where the cougar exists they frequently get hit by cars, scratch up trees, leave prints everywhere, poop everywhere, leave fur around, dead kills, etc. No one has yet found any of that here in PA, nor has gotten a picture either. Here in Tioga County we have had a few people proclaim to have taken photos of cougars, when hilariously it is very obviously a bobcat.

What people see are larger feral cats at distance which look bigger than they are.
    I have seen several bobcats throughout my life. I know what a bobcat looks like. And if you have ever seen a bobcat you will notice it has no tail (that little nub doesn't count). The cat I saw was only 75 yards away, that is not a great distance, and I assure you that it was no bobcat or house cat.

On another note Mountain Lions are here folks and the game commissions doesn't deny this. It was even on their website last year. It is no longer folklore, I wasn't trying to convince people they are here because it is fact. I was merely relaying the circumstances under which I saw mine.
    Last edited by Bassaro; December 28th, 2014 at 07:43 PM.