Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LC9s PRO

(Centre County)

Thumbs up Ruger LC9s PRO

The Ruger LC9 was a hit for CCer's except for its rather horrific trigger. The LC9s, for all intensive purposes, fixed this problem but still retained the manual safety and worst-idea-ever mag safety.

Ruger addressed these perceived shortcomings in the mid December release of the LC9s PRO. It remains striker fired but loses the mag safety and manual safety. It's on my short list and, if reliable, may replaced my pocket carried 442 in the warmer months.......

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...uger-lc9s-pro/

The best street price I saw so far was $349 shipped plus FFL fees, which may vary......

http://www.centerfireguns.com/ruger-...urce=slickguns
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Ruger LC9s PRO

The gun now is almost exactly like my Beretta Nano. Both are essentially the same price. I think the Nano looks nicer though, but that is my own bias opinion. I heard amazing things about the LC9s's trigger which is likely something it has over the Nano.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    The Ruger LC9 was a hit for CCer's except for its rather horrific trigger. The LC9s, for all intensive purposes, fixed this problem but still retained the manual safety and worst-idea-ever mag safety.

Ruger addressed these perceived shortcomings in the mid December release of the LC9s PRO. It remains striker fired but loses the mag safety and manual safety. It's on my short list and, if reliable, may replaced my pocket carried 442 in the warmer months.......

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2...uger-lc9s-pro/

The best street price I saw so far was $349 shipped plus FFL fees, which may vary......

http://www.centerfireguns.com/ruger-...urce=slickguns
    I was about to trade up to the LC9s but family illness delayed that. That was a bit of good fortune since the LC9s Pro was introduced during that down time. I have one on order. Can't wait to get it. It really eliminates all trigger and safety problems of the series. If all goes well I will have the Pro model on 12/26.

(Allegheny County)

Why even bother putting that stupid "trigger safety" on it? Legal "cover your ass" I suppose.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Blair County)

At that price I would lean more towards a shield. They are very close in size and they make ones with and without the safety.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Why even bother putting that stupid "trigger safety" on it? Legal "cover your ass" I suppose.

covering your ass isn't always a bad thing...

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    covering your ass isn't always a bad thing...

I have never given a negative rep before but this is a great place to start...

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Maybe to help it pass the drop test.

May have to pick one of these up since Ruger finally listened and took the worthless shit off of the LC9. Glock may bring out a single stack 9 sometime during Barrys third term.

To you guys who have the LC9 standard or the s how is the recoil with 115gr as well as 124 +P or any hotter SD load? My wife got her LTCF this past week and next week we are going to put some range time in and she will try out several of my pistols and see what she is comfortable with.

I have a TCP which is comparable to a LCP but with a better trigger and I have a Shield which is heavier and a bit thicker in the slide but over all pretty much the same size. The weight of the Shield makes is a really soft shooter at least for me and we will see for her but I know it's going to be too heavy for her to want to carry around all the time and I think the mouse guns are going to be rough on her hands since she has had double carpal tunnel surgery and other issues with her wrists in the last 2 years.

She is going to want something small, light, with manageable recoil, and a thumb safety(yeah I know) so the standard LC9s seems to meet all needs but I haven't seen much regarding the recoil. A little snap is fine but if it's like a P-64 it's a no go.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Maybe to help it pass the drop test.

May have to pick one of these up since Ruger finally listened and took the worthless shit off of the LC9. Glock may bring out a single stack 9 sometime during Barrys third term.
    Yup it's going to be the FP block on the striker no different then the Glock in that aspect. I am not sure if it has the 3 internal safeties like the Glock though or just the fp block.

At least they got rid of that stupid ass Mag disconnect if I end up with one of these for my wife that sucker is coming right out the minute we get it home.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast