Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Zerust

Default Zerust

Does anyone here have any experience with this product using with fire arms? I use it in my tackle boxes, and so far, it seems to be workin very well, I use it in my fly boxes, as the hooks will typically rust when anchored in the foam pads, particularly it they are damp in any manner. I looked at the package and it shows them being used in small hard gun cases.
    I typically use Rig for long term storage, but still prefer to wipe my fire arms down every year, its still a chore though. I was curious if anyone has ever seen any issues with this product, either blueing or wood wise. I think I would like to try one of the smaller flat ones in my pistol cases combines with Rig if its safe.
    Any input on this product?
    http://www.zerustproducts.com/firear...1e6ddb5d96ab2e
    Thanks
    Last edited by tollster; December 17th, 2014 at 11:48 PM.
    "North of I-80, we don't dial 911, we dial 223"

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Zerust

I have not used that particular product but a similar one from Bullfrog. (Not Froglube.)

Browning also sells some similar products now under their own brand. I have used the Bullfrog products for a number of years with other tools and the vapor system does work to prevent rust. I have removed rust also with one of the Bullfrog products they sell. www.zapshrinkwrap.com was the distributor I bought from.

I have some of the Bullfrog vapor cups in all of my gun cases now. Assuming it is the same technology, Zerust should work.